Litsy discussion

New Year’s Reading Routines

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daria (new)

Daria Zeoli (dariazeoli) I thought it would be fun to read about everyone’s reading plans to start 2018!

Will you start reading a new book at the stroke of midnight? Do you mind starting a new year with a book in progress? What are your intentions for 2018?

I hope to finish my two current reads tomorrow, as I like to start the new year fresh! Up first will be Jane Eyre, which is going to fit for a couple of challenges and is also a buddy read! If I’m awake at midnight, I’ll start it right after I listen to Sinatra’s “New York, New York” play in Times Square after the ball drops (on tv, from bed!)

message 2: by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (last edited Dec 30, 2017 11:06AM) (new)

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 60 comments Happy New Year!!

I won't be awake at midnight..LOL!!

I will most likely be reading tomorrow and hopefully finish my book.

Thanks for a great question.

message 3: by Lynn K. (new)

Lynn K. I like to start the new year fresh with a certain goal in mind. I probably won't be up at midnight, but I will start reading in the morning while drinking coffee.

For 2018 my goal is to read all of the middle grade and YA books that I've been buying!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 60 comments Lynn wrote: "I like to start the new year fresh with a certain goal in mind. I probably won't be up at midnight, but I will start reading in the morning while drinking coffee.

For 2018 my goal is to read all o..."

Nice...thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!!

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 2 comments If I’m up at midnight it will only be the result of my neighbor shooting off fireworks... I will be reading while drinking my coffee though - likely around 6ish.

This will be my second year for setting reading goals. I did good on my 2017 goals except for buying only used books - that was an epic fail! LOL

My 2018 resolutions include reading at least 12 non-fiction books as I typically go to fiction first; reading at least one book from two genres I don’t typically read (can anyone recommend a sci-fi or a good business book?); reading three classics (should be pretty easy since I signed up for the Litsy AtoZ classics challenge); join my local Friends of the Library; and to read every day.

Happy reading!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 60 comments Kelly wrote: "If I’m up at midnight it will only be the result of my neighbor shooting off fireworks... I will be reading while drinking my coffee though - likely around 6ish.

This will be my second year for s..."

Thanks for sharing, Kelly.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 5 comments Normally I start the new year fresh, but 2017 was a hard reading year for me, so I’m finishing up a few books from 2017 that I pushed to the side.

My 2018 plan is to work on a few series that I haven’t read and to work on reading every day!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) | 60 comments Linda wrote: "Normally I start the new year fresh, but 2017 was a hard reading year for me, so I’m finishing up a few books from 2017 that I pushed to the side.

My 2018 plan is to work on a few series that I h..."

Sounds perfect!! Best of luck, and Happy New Year, Linda.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (irishcontessa) I'm a little late to the thread but....

I'm hoping to be better about reading books instead of fanfiction and online news this year and attempting to read more of the books I own.

I'm also trying to get into the routine of reading on my commute. It's a 40 minute bus ride and I tend to waste it on my phone rather than spend it reading. I'm hoping to make it a habit to change that and get in an extra hour plus of reading a day!