Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Remove plaigerized books and author.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog (lisaarbitrary) | 15 comments Hello, I've been asked to help remove a series of plaigerized works by author Taz Graham. I'm assuming this is a generated author name as the books have been plaigerized. The true author has contacted both Amazon and Smashwords who have researched and removed the books and author from their sites.

I have attempted to remove all of the related books but have gotten the "only super-librarians can delete books..." notice, even though there are no reviews or ratings. I do belive I successfully removed one of the books in the series, however.

Can the "author" be removed from GR also?

If you require any further information I am available. Thanks for your help.
Brothers: Jake & Nathan - A Taboo Tale
Brothers: Mikey & Connor - A Taboo Tale
Brothers: Luke & Adam - A Taboo Tale: Gay MM Novella

message 2: by lethe (last edited Dec 30, 2017 10:45AM) (new)

lethe | 13662 comments For future reference, librarians are not authorized to delete books in case of legal issues.

Please report these to support (at) goodreads (dot) com or use the Contact link (or better yet, let the plagiarized author report these).

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog (lisaarbitrary) | 15 comments I will pass that along, thanks.

It's curious that there is a delete books link on the book edit page though. *eeks :)

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13662 comments As I said, librarians aren't authorized to delete books in case of legal issues.

We are of course authorized to merge duplicates and such.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41972 comments Mod
For legal issues, you will need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or related issues. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.