2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Murder on Astor Place (Gaslight Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Murder on Astor Place
Archives - Group Reads > Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson (Gaslight Mystery #1) - January 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 30, 2017 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10916 comments Mod
After a routine delivery, midwife Sarah Brandt visits her patient in a rooming house and discovers that another boarder, a young girl, has been killed. At the request of Sergeant Frank Malloy, she searches the girl's room, and discovers that the victim is from one of the most prominent families in New York and the sister of an old friend. The powerful family, fearful of scandal, refuses to permit an investigation. But with Malloy's help, Sarah begins a dangerous quest to bring the killer to justice, before death claims another victim.

Book Discussion

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 610 comments Oh, I'm going to have to order this from my new library!

Robin (robinmy) | 2372 comments I have the first book on my kindle. Can't wait to read it.

Same for me.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I have collected tis series so I am ready for these! I will start probably on the third week of Jan.

Monica | 860 comments I'm glad you're joining in, Kris! That's about the time I'll be starting, too.

Starting this now.

Phrynne | 296 comments Enjoy:) I did!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I'm aiming for this weekend to start.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Yay! I am excited to read this one with you too, Monica!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 610 comments I'm catching up with In Death series, and have this one at hand to start after that.

Discussion questions are now posted!

For those who have already progressed through the series, I’ve created a spoiler info section in the book description topic that may serve as a memory jogger.

FYI, I’ve also added more images in the Late 19th Century topic, inspired by Veronica:)