YoungAdultLovers🌸 discussion

Current Reads!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (last edited Dec 30, 2017 04:43AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylainbookland) | 136 comments Mod
Comment your current reads and maybe
- what the story is about
- how many stars did you give it
- your opinion on it

message 2: by Kayla (new)

I'm currently reading The Bad Beginning and all the other books in the "Series of Unfortunate Events" series.
This is a 13 book series which will take quite a while to get through.
I'm currently on book 8 The Vile Village.

The series follows three children Violet, Klaus and Sunny as their parents have been killed in a fire that has destroyed their home. The children are now orpahans and the series follows them as they move onto new guardians each book but there is always count Olaf behind them trying to steal their fourtane that their parents left behind for them.

I gave the majority of the book that I read in the series a 4 stars.
This series is classed as middle grade but it is quite dark for a children's series as there is murder and a lot of violence and child abuse.

This isn't a light read, it is quite funny but has a dark humour.

I would really recommend picking up the series as it's quite good and just overall such a unique story.

message 3: by Luna (new)

Luna Serenity I'm currently reading Gemina, Shadow and Bone, and An Ember in the Ashes.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 2 comments I am currently reading Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust.

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Sierra wrote: "I am currently reading Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust."

Is it good? I was gonna read it

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Chloe wrote: "I'm currently reading Gemina, Shadow and Bone, and An Ember in the Ashes."

Gemina was really good and shadow and bone is one of my favrouite series. I haven't read an ember in the ashes. Is it any good?

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 2 comments Kayla wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I am currently reading Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust."

Is it good? I was gonna read it"

So far it is really good even though right now I have only got to read half of it.

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Sierra wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I am currently reading Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust."

Is it good? I was gonna read it"

So far it is really good even though right now I have on..."

Enjoy!!☺️

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyy11) I'm currently reading The Book Thief! I've been wanting to read it for such a long time and I finally got around to it

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) I'm currently reading Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and I'm really enjoying it so far! It's about a girl seeking revenge for the murder of her parents so she trains to be an assassin!
The second book I'm reading is a post apocalyptic novel called Tainted by Alexandra Moody.

@Kayla, yes, An Ember in the Ashes was pretty good, and the sequel was too! You should read it!

message 11: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 4 comments I'm currently reading The Dark Days Club!

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Cecilia wrote: "I'm currently reading The Dark Days Club!"

I've always wanted to read that, is it any good?

RyanneAndHerBooks | 11 comments I'm currently reading City of Saints and Thieves :)

message 14: by Kayla (new)

RyanneAndHerBooks wrote: "I'm currently reading City of Saints and Thieves :)"

I've seen it around, would you reccomend it?

message 15: by AnnaNeverLands (new)

AnnaNeverLands | 17 comments I am currently reading Fairest by Marissa Meyer and ACOTAR by Sarah J. Maas

message 16: by Kayla (new)

AnnaNeverLands wrote: "I am currently reading Fairest by Marissa Meyer and ACOTAR by Sarah J. Maas"

Hopefully you are enjoying ACOTAR. It's one of my fav series ever!
I have read the lunar chronicles but not fairest, would you recommend it?

message 17: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 1 comments I’m currently reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer and really enjoying it so far. A bit slow paced, but the sophistication it adds to Wonderland while maintaining the whimsy is making it worthwhile for me!

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Brianna wrote: "I’m currently reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer and really enjoying it so far. A bit slow paced, but the sophistication it adds to Wonderland while maintaining the whimsy is making it worthwhile f..."

I really enjoyed Heartless, I think Marissa Meyer did a great job of recreating wonderland for me

message 19: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia | 4 comments Kayla wrote: "Cecilia wrote: "I'm currently reading The Dark Days Club!"

I've always wanted to read that, is it any good?"

It's not bad, I really like the plot and the characters, but I find it quite slow

message 20: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Mahmoud | 1 comments I've just started 180 seconds by Jessica Park, and the first chapter is really similar to Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

message 21: by Jelena (new)

Jelena Milenković (kaliopi_ann) | 15 comments Currently reading Nemanjici - a short trilogy about the most famous Serbian ruling dynasty.
Can’t really rate it because it’s written in more informative manner and it’s a really quick read therefore it lacks the depth that we’re all usually looking for in the books (or at least a fine romance hahah). But it’s wonderfully illustrated plus I read it as a part of my Popsugar Reading Challenge so it’s fine.

Sorry guys for not answering on the other topics I am just so very busy. Christmas is nearing (I’m an Orthodox Christian) plus I’ve a lot to study for my exams.

Glad to be here though!

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 9 comments Hey there!
I'm currenty reading three books out of which I haven't touched the first two in quite a while.............
Surviving darkness by Chrissy Peebles which is the third book in a series about a daughter of Vlad the Impaler that's half vampire and half witch.
Immortal beloved by Cate Tiernan which is (obviously) about immortals, but not about vampires as one might think at first. It seems to be quite dark, but I'm not very far into it.
The last one is a German novel called "Der Feenturm" by Aileen P. Roberts. It's about a girl visiting Scotland and meeting a ghost that wants her to travel back in time to change something that happened over 2000 years ago. When I read the summary I directly had to think about Outlander, but - believe it or not - I like this one way more. Simply because the author mentiones some "tabu" topics. Like going to the toilet in that time or the not so pleasant smells. I really enjoy this one!

message 23: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (sabrinareviews) I’m currently reading The Gentleman Guide of Vise and Virtue, I’m absolutely loving it so far, the character are so funny and the story is very interesting.