The YA Addicts. discussion

Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hello and welcome everybody! I'm Imaane.
Please introduce yourselves so that we can get to know each other better!

message 2: by Hana (new)

Hana P.B. (hana_p_b) | 2 comments Hi there I'm Hana, author and reader and love reading and re reading YA

message 3: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hana wrote: "Hi there I'm Hana, author and reader and love reading and re reading YA"

Welcome Hana!

message 4: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (ladybug002) | 1 comments Hi I'm Lucy and I read about 15 books a week and I love reading YA. I'm glad to be in this group! :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Inbar (rachelinbar) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Rachel. I've written one children's book (not published yet) and I love YA. In addition to working (as a Tech Writer), I have 3 kids at home, all of whom read (for school, not by choice) - so I read with them too :) I look forward to being inspired to read more!

message 6: by katherine (new)

katherine (anonymous_penguin) Hi I'm Katherine. I love reading YA, especially fantasy. I'm so excited to join this group!

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (pageturner51) Hey there! I'm Crystal. I teach middle school Communications/Language Arts. I really enjoy YA books because my students read it, too. I mainly read series because what book isn't a part of a series these days? Plus I get super attached to the characters and need to keep reading! I'm glad to be a part of this group!

valeriesbookish (bookishgirl19) | 1 comments Hey I am Valerie and I am a huge fan of ya books particulary fantasy and contemporary books. Come talk to me I am new on this site so dont hesitate :)

message 9: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey Lucy! Welcome! Wow that’s a lot of books! I hope you like this group.:)

message 10: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey Rachel! Welcome to the group! I would love to know the name of your book for children. I hope you find inspiration in this group:)

message 11: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hi Katherine! I’m so glad you’re just as excited as I am! Welcome!

message 12: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey Crystal! Welcome! We’ll be reading one standalone and one book from a series every month so you can choose to read any one or both.
I totally understand getting attached to characters and wanting more of them!

message 13: by atiya (new)

atiya (dandeliongal) Hi,i'm Atiya. I like reading dystopian and fantasy books. I'm so excited to be here!

message 14: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hi Valerie! Welcome to this group and to Goodreads! I hope you enjoy this group:)

message 15: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hi and Welcome Atiya! I hope you like this group!

message 16: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Thank you everyone for joining and a Happy New Year!

message 17: by Meranda (new)

Meranda (kingmeranda) Hi Immane :)

Here to support my friend and make more! I’m meranda! Very friendly, love to read, and love to communicate! Look forward to helping anyone and everyone and offer smiles. Along with book recommendations :D happy reading beauties

message 18: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey Meranda! Thank you so much. Welcome! I hope we can all make new friends on this group!

message 19: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Hi! I'm Cadence. I was invited here happy to be friends with you all!

message 20: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey guys so ‘The Passing’ is up on SALE at Amazon.com for $0.99 for the next 2 days and then the price is $2.99 for the next 84 hours and then its back to its normal price at $4.99.

This is a first book in a series and towards the end of the month we will have a Q&A with the Author: Cadence Cavanaugh!

You’ll can create a discussion board titled ‘ Questions for Cadence Cavanaugh’ and list your questions there.

Enjoy!

message 21: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
PS: I am not being paid to promote this book. I’m currently reading and enjoying it and that is the reason for me adding it on the January BOTM.

message 22: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Welcome Cadence! Thanks for joining us!

message 23: by queen0f_hearts (new)

queen0f_hearts Hey, I’m here because I’m always open to hear about new great books, though I think I’m pretty picky.

message 24: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! I hope you find some good books here!

message 25: by Gray (last edited Jan 05, 2018 06:02PM) (new)

Gray Cox | 1 comments Hello! I'm Gray Marie, I'm a Christian, writer, reader, and blogger.
I blog at https://graymariewrites.blogspot.com/

I'm a couch potato and a proud airhead! :D

Nice to meet y'all, and thank you, Imaane, for inviting me!

message 26: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Hey Gray Marie! Thank YOU for accepting my invitation! You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy this group and find some good reads here !

message 27: by Risha (new)

Risha Cha | 3 comments Hey I'm risha and after long reader's block have returned my old hobby and passion of reading

message 28: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Risha wrote: "Hey I'm risha and after long reader's block have returned my old hobby and passion of reading"

Hey Risha! Welcome!

message 29: by Kamna (new)

Kamna | 3 comments Hi everyone,
I am Kamna. I love reading YA novels. I have read most of John Green's novels, even tried some of Laurie Halse Anderson novels and of course Jay Asher. My personal favourites are The Fault In Our stars and Paper Towns. I feel like I can relate to YA novels because they serve realism and helps you tackle real life challenges.

message 30: by Imaane (new)

Imaane | 67 comments Mod
Kamna wrote: "Hi everyone,
I am Kamna. I love reading YA novels. I have read most of John Green's novels, even tried some of Laurie Halse Anderson novels and of course Jay Asher. My personal favourites are The ..."

Hey Kamna! Welcome!!!
Thank you for joining this group!! I hope you find some good YA books here in this group :)

message 31: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimhvela) Hi I'm Kimberly and I blog at https://kaenminuscula.wordpress.com I love YA books!

message 32: by Mumtaz (new)

Mumtaz Assim | 1 comments hey, I'm Mumtaz. 17. YA books are my life <3

message 33: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 6 comments Hi all! I’m prachi and I love reading in general. I haven’t read much of young adult, but have read two of John greens books and really enjoyed fault in our stars 😊thank you for having me as part of this group!

message 34: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 11 comments Welcome Prachi.

message 35: by Harley (new)

Harley (projectbells) Hey guys, I'm Bella. I'm a student and I LOVE to read YA books (TMI series is my favourite of all time). I do try to write but find that my other commitments make it hard to find the time.

message 36: by Amy (new)

Amy  (amy24) Hi everyone, I am Amy. I love to read. Books are my best friends. I am new to YA books and have enjoyed what I read so far. Looking forward to reading new books and making new friends.