European Royalty discussion

Other Discussions > Anne Boleyn & Mary Tudor Brandon in France

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie (boleynfan) | 17 comments I'm off to France in two weeks. I want to visit every place these two ladies stayed at during their time in France, but not quite sure where that would be. If you know something specific, will you share that with me??? Thanks!!!!

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances | 25 comments Mary Tudor was only in France for a few months, wasn't she? Thought she spent most of that time in Paris. I noticed you don't have Philippa Gregory's The Secret Bride on your shelf--did you read that? That's pretty detailed about Mary, although the author's note says there's very little info about Ann Boleyn from that period. Have a great time!

message 3: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 76 comments Frances wrote: "Mary Tudor was only in France for a few months, wasn't she? Thought she spent most of that time in Paris. I noticed you don't have Philippa Gregory's The Secret Bride on your shelf--did you read th..."

I think The Secret Bride is by Diane Haeger.

message 4: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Jean Plaidy's book on Anne Boleyn The Lady in the Tower deals a lot with Mary Tudor and their time in France. Jean Plaidy also wrote just about Mary in Mary, Queen of France The Tudor Princesses; I can't remember how big of a role Anne plays in that book. Plaidy's fairly accurate, and I think her descriptions of locations of pretty good, so I would give those a shot (at least glance through the parts that take place in France).