Twilightholics anonymous discussion

Books > Twilight saga

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey what did you think about the books and witch was your favourite!!

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Archuleta | 32 comments ok i defintly thought at first when everyone read these books everyone was crazy, they told me everything pretty much, ha so i read them for myself! i loved them!!! my favorite would have to be the first and then the last one and then the third and then the worst book was the 2ed i personally think. i hated it whn edward left. oh and i really think that for the last book, it kinda gets anoying, i dont know i think that they were good books really do.

message 3: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 213 comments Mod
New Moon was my least favorite because Jacob annoys me so much, although the ending I love. I like the last book but i don't like renesme. I don't want them to have a child cos it kinda ruins the whole sexy, carefree, completely and utterly in love that all they ever need is each other thing. You just don't imagine f***ing hot vamps having a child!

message 4: by Catie (new)

Catie I loved New Moon! So much Jacob it was GREAT!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤ wrote: "You just don't imagine f***ing hot vamps having a child!"

I totally agree. It destroyed the theme and intrigue of all the other books. We went from hot Vampire and Human romance, to motherhood in one book. What. The. Heck.

Plus, Renesmee was a total Mary-Sue. I mean, people just instantly liked her? Enough to risk their lives and the lives of their family? I'm not buying it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i hated Renesmee! i think she kinda came between Bella's and Edwards Relationship cos in one point in the book Bella was like

'i loved her more than anything in the world' (or something along those lines)

well hang on like 5 months ago you loved Edward more than anything!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? And Stephenie wrote something like:

"It wasn't like I gave all of my heart to her, it just grew twice the size."

If that's so true, why was Bella willing to sacrifice her and Edward? She used to do crazy things, just for his life, and now she's just willing to accept it? Come on!

message 8: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

i hate her

message 9: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

renesmee that is

message 10: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Ugh, who doesn't. Wait, why don't you like her Rebecca?

message 11: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

I don't want them to have a child cos it kinda ruins the whole sexy, carefree, completely and utterly in love that all they ever need is each other thing. You just don't imagine f***ing hot vamps having a child! And like then she loves Renesmee more than Edward.

message 12: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Hehehe, i can see why she would do that. But...eh. They already established the whole, I'm completely in love with you thing. And they're not care free, they've had way too many problems to keep track of. and now they can add taking care of a child to the list.

message 13: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

maybe carefree is not the right word but having a child is just so...just so...normal. Ewww!

message 14: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ haha, ok.

message 15: by Lily Rose (new)

Lily Rose I like Renesmee. But i agree with Rebecca Bea when she said "kinda ruins the whole sexy, carefree, completely and utterly in love" but i could also picture Bella becoming a mom.

message 16: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Eh, I disagree.

message 17: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

I think edward would be a better dad than Bella a mum

message 18: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Hmmm, I think that...they would be equally...decent parents...Actually, Idk. Now I think that Bella would be a better parent. I'm undecided.

message 19: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

I no wot you mean. I don't like Renesmee and she ruins the whole sexy vamp image but I do think they would be good parents. I just wish she a bit more normal.

message 20: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Eh, I highly doubt they would be good parents. But whatever...

message 21: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

Oooooooooooooooh! I've got an image of Edward tucking a little child into bed...sweet!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

It's probably good that Stephenie didn't just up and continue the series from Renesmee's point of view. You know how Nessie doesn't have to work for anything. People just automatically like her, and are willing to send out their own families to be massacred for her. And her being supernatural, Nessie's never going to have to work for anything, she'll have no conflict. She wants, she gets. Can you imagine how spoiled she will be?

That's the natural course of action, she will be spoiled or a Mary-Sue. And it's hard enough being in Bella's head, but Renesmee would have been horrific!

message 23: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

she is really annoying. I don't really want them to be parents at all although I do think they would be really sweet ones, but i would be much happier if they had a more normal child.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, with actual flaws, imperfections, and aging. Then they would be real parents. If they're going to be parents, it mine as well be traditional parents. I think Stephenie just wanted to skip through those hard years when she had her boys so she wrote it in.

message 25: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

lol.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Doesn't every parent want to skip the nasty stuff? I knew it was true, It was just confirmed when I read BD.

message 27: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

I love kids and they are the best when they are young even if they cry loads. I've got two younger sisters and I so want another one.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Sisters and daughters are different.

message 29: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

i guess

message 30: by Lily Rose (new)

Lily Rose I agree. Sisters and daughters are completely different. Sisters are siblings and you don't have to take care of them, that's your parent's job. You just might have to babysit. With daughters you're responcible for them 24/7. I also think Nessie would be a little better with a few flaws.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed.

message 32: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

so who wants kids?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Someday.

message 34: by Rebecca ❤ Bea ❤, Team Jace (new)

I love children but I don't really think I will have any, I want a career and if I did have kids I'ld want to be with them.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Like I said, at some point. Not right away.

message 36: by Lily Rose (new)

Lily Rose I love children and want to be a teacher but i want and don't want children.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma Bottom (emmabottom) | 60 comments i liked twilight the most eclipse the worst

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Why?

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma Bottom (emmabottom) | 60 comments i thought the whole book was a waste!! it was all fighting!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, not enough much else. That's true. Although I didn't mind Victoria getting killed.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma Bottom (emmabottom) | 60 comments yeah that part was cool!! i thought the funniest but grossiest part of the whole series was when that one guys hand was chopped off and it moved by bella!! :D lol

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma Bottom (emmabottom) | 60 comments i thought that was funny!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

about the eclipse comment- i didn't think it was all fighting, i mean yeah most of it was but it was nessacary, i mean victoria had to be killed and i thought it was a kinda cool way of doing it! i loved ecliopse but i t wasn't my favorite! i think Breaking Dawn was my fav then twilight then eclipse and the new moon! hehe :)

message 45: by Catie (new)

Catie Mine is
1. New Moon
2. Eclipse
3. Twilight
4. Breaking Dawn

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

cool!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

i didn't like new moon as much cos edward wasn't in it! haha