Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Lenticular covers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blue (new)

Blue | 16 comments Has anything been stated formally about lenticular covers? (The covers that make the delightful/dreaded noise when brushed with a fingernail and change based on the viewing angle.)

The series starting with this book used them, and I am sure many others, and was wondering if it would be possible to use a gif cover image that either switches between two, or maybe even does the full spectrum change.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26075 comments This is not something that librarians can help you with. We have no influence over site functionality.

You need to ask this question in feedback or contact support.

support @ goodreads (dot) com

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1

message 3: by Blue (new)

Blue | 16 comments I was mostly interested in opinion with people,more familiar with the rules weighing in. Is a .gif not at all an accepted filetype? I was just thinking about how a gif is unlikely the official cover image but could be more representative of the actual cover.

message 4: by lethe (last edited Dec 30, 2017 01:30AM) (new)

lethe | 14176 comments Blue wrote: "I was mostly interested in opinion with people,more familiar with the rules weighing in. Is a .gif not at all an accepted filetype? I was just thinking about how a gif is unlikely the official cove..."

Still sounds like a site functionality issue to me. Librarians have no say in which file types may be used (although I think many will be screaming "Noooooooo" at the idea of animated gifs for covers, seeing their hate for gifs in reviews).

You can ask for people's opinions in the Suggestions folder in the Feedback Group.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44643 comments Mod
Blue wrote: "Is a .gif not at all an accepted filetype?"

Not for book cover images.