Hooked on Books discussion

The Magicians (The Magicians, #1)
This topic is about The Magicians
Archive > The Magicians by Lev Grossman - Jan - Mar 2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaunesay (new) - added it

Shaunesay The Magicians by Lev Grossman will be our Adult group read for January - March 2018!

Feel free to post about anything concerning the book in this thread, and those reading it should be aware that there could be spoilers, so maybe don't check out the thread until you are done, or unless you don't mind spoilers!

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 399 comments *Spoiler Alert* This book was for me like if someone would have taken Holden Caulfield and threw him in Hogwarts and Narnia. And he even met the love of his life and spoiled things even though... The premise was quite good, and therefore the two stars, but I didn't connect to the characters and the tone of the book was tiring and depressing. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the series.

message 3: by Shaunesay (new) - added it

Shaunesay Hmmm... if I remember who Holden Caulfield was, I really didn't like that book at all, I'll be interested to see how I feel about him!

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 399 comments I kind of read this book in a haze and it put me in a reading slump afterward. :-( Still, the book inspired me to write a short story, so the premise is interesting, only the main character and the tone are depressing.