What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance novel, main character starts out as an assistant at an advertising agency

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stehfuhknee (new)

stehfuhknee | 4 comments Okay so I've been going slightly crazy trying to find this book, so any suggestions help.

I am not too sure if the book I am looking for was an office romance-type book (as in, both characters working in the same place), but the main heroine definitely worked at an Advertising agency as an PA/secretary.
Something I definitely remember is her boss always asking her for her opinion on his works, and him valuing it.
I think that for some reason or another, she did not go to school for advertising, but her boss (which I am sure was not a love interest) acknowledges that she's very talented on the subject and by the end of the book I believe (SPOILER AHEAD?) she gets a new position and a chance to work at a higher position (maybe at another company?). I cannot for the life of me remember anything about the male protagonist, but he's either the CEO of the company, a co-worker, another Advertising agent within the company, or a company rival. I also believe he had a hand in helping the main character get into school by the end of the book. I don't remember much, but I know that I seriously enjoyed the novel! Any suggestions help! And who knows, maybe if I don't find the book, I'll find something else along the way.

Additionally, I have ruled out the books Beautiful Bastard and Trust in Advertising

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Stefani, around what year did you read this book?

What's the location - country, region, New York/London, etc.?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, etc.?

message 3: by stehfuhknee (new)

stehfuhknee | 4 comments I think I might have read the book in 2016-2017 and it’s definitely a major city.

Tone of the book was romance, and a little steamy. It spoke a lot on the subject of advertising!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
A few guesses:
- Finding You by Danielle Ryan?
- Copygirl by Anna Mitchael?

Other suggestions:
www.worldcat.org > Advanced search > Keyword: advertising agency | Subject: relationship [or romance] | Non-juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

message 5: by stehfuhknee (new)

stehfuhknee | 4 comments No luck! It’s verrrry similar to ‘Finding You’ though! I faintly remember that in the book I am looking for the male protagonist has to move from a different country to the female protagonists’ in order to help with the advertising firm — I think.

Thank you for your help!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited May 19, 2020 01:05AM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Stehfuhknee, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by stehfuhknee (new)

stehfuhknee | 4 comments I think I found it..it was a story posted on fiction press that was unfortunately taken down to publish. But I never found it again :(

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
So - what do you want to do with this thread? Is it still unsolved so you want people to keep looking, or do you remember the title and we can move it to Solved, or do you want to abandon the query?