Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Sue Grafton, Mystery Author Dies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 43 comments Sad to report this. I just read 3 of her books in the last couple of months and she was great!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mystery-wr...

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Klaverenga So sad! What a great author! I had hoped Kinsey Millhone would continue for several more books!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 262 comments Sue was such a lovely person. I met her at both book signings and at mystery conferences. She was always so gracious and friendly. My heart is saddened by this news.

message 4: by TX_Gal (new)

TX_Gal | 3 comments I've decided to re-read all of the Kinsey Millhone books in 2019 in memory of Sue Grafton. There is a street in my neighborhood called Grafton and I think of her every time I pass the street sign.

message 5: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments She is one of my all-time favorite authors.

message 6: by Skye (new)

Skye | 200 comments Karen wrote: "Sue was such a lovely person. I met her at both book signings and at mystery conferences. She was always so gracious and friendly. My heart is saddened by this news."

How fortunate for you!

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Daly | 142 comments Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd this happened on 12/28/18, and I’m , at least, only hearing about it today?

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Daly | 142 comments Ok sorry I see some comments here state they were listed a year ago. I must really have my head in the sand.

message 9: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 654 comments Mod
Kathleen wrote: "Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd this happened on 12/28/18, and I’m , at least, only hearing about it today?"

Yes, sadly it was in 2017

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Very sad - 😢

message 11: by Beth Buning (new)

Beth Buning | 25 comments My second daughter is named Kinsey. We intended to name her Molly but she just seemed so feisty, Kinsey was a great fit. She is 24 now!

message 12: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Daly | 142 comments TY Icewineanney, I’m so saddened by this lose Please repost the story and any future news on her books being reprinted.

message 13: by Camisa (new)

Camisa | 93 comments A bitter reminder of the loss of this wonderful mystery writer. I have read many of her books and enjoyed the time I spent with Kinsey!