Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Title Change severed links to online stores

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josh (new)

Josh Hunter | 11 comments Hey Folks!

I just discovered that the last librarian who helped me also re-organized the titles for all my stories. While I appreciate the effort, this had the side effect of de-linking the Goodreads page from all of the online stores except amazon. e.g. If a user clicks on the "stores" button and then "Google Play" it takes them to a search page that does not include my work..

Frankly, I'd like to have the titles restored to the way that I originally formatted them. That would be consistent with the way the titles appear in the online stores and on reviewer sites.

The individual titles are all part of a serialized story, so I do feel that the naming convention I used works well.

The naming convention that I used throughout the series is:
Settling the Score -- Episode Number: Episode Name
e.g. Settling the Score: Part 1 -- The Favor

The librarian who reorganized my titles changed them to
Episode Name (Settling the Score Episode Number)
e.g. The Favor (Settling the Score #1)

Again, I would prefer to restore my original formatting so that the stories have consistent titles across all platforms. However, if that is not possible is there some way to make sure that the Goodreads pages link up to the book on the other sides (B&N, Google Play, etc.)

There are nine stories in al in the series.

Thanks!

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13730 comments I reverted your title change on the first book according to GR policy.

Links use the ISBN or ASIN, it has nothing to do with how the titles are formatted.

message 3: by lethe (last edited Dec 29, 2017 05:44PM) (new)

lethe | 13730 comments Josh wrote: "However, if that is not possible is there some way to make sure that the Goodreads pages link up to the book on the other sides (B&N, Google Play, etc.)"

Every user defines their own buy links. An edition with ASIN can only be found on Amazon, an edition with ISBN only on the sites that offer that edition. F.e. trying to find the Kindle edition on B&N won't work.

For the first book, I only see the Kindle edition on GR. The Audible edition can be added.

If there are editions available elsewhere, you have to provide the information so a librarian can add them.