What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance novel - Baker, small town, about a middle aged woman (I remember that she has grown children) who owns a bakery and soon takes in a teenage girl. She soon either falls in love, or reunites with an old love.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariam (new)

Mariam | 5 comments So the novel I'm looking for is about a middle aged woman - I remember that she has grown children - who owns a bakery and soon takes in a teenage girl. She soon either falls in love, or reunites with an old love, I cant remember. MIGHT be YA but from the scenes I remember there's a high chance that it isn't. Scenes that I can remember include that this woman has a daughter who is pregnant, that she takes in the teenage girl after seeing the poor conditions of her clothing, that the girl soon begins to help around the bakery, and that the woman's bakery is a popular place in the small town. Any help would be much appreciated as every search I have attempted gets me nowhere.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Mariam, around what year did you read this book? This might help narrow down the search.

Removed ALL-CAPS from the topic header.

message 3: by Mariam (last edited Dec 29, 2017 03:33PM) (new)

Mariam | 5 comments Hi Kris,
I believe it was about 4-5 years ago

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Mariam, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Mariam (new)

Mariam | 5 comments Hi! Still looking with no luck. Gave up and forgot about this post and can still vividly remember scenes from this novel, but no luck on a possible author/title unfortunately.

message 6: by Kris (last edited May 13, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Who and where is the father of her grown children? Does she have family in the small town?

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, near a well-known city)?

What's the tone - e.g., romantic, angsty, steamy or clean, sad, funny?

message 7: by Mariam (new)

Mariam | 5 comments Hi
This is pretty much all I remember - it begins with this baker having a conversation with her grown, pregnant daughter (I remember about jewelry they have seen in a magazine). The bakery is either attached to her home or near her home, and the bread she bakes is particularly popular in the town. So it begins with descriptions of her bakery and how she lives alone after her grown child(ren) have married and move on (don't remember a discussion of her husband, maybe deceased?) Anyway, the circumstances by which she takes in the teenager are unclear, but I remember her taking her in quickly after seeing her own mother can't care for her (noticing the holes and poor conditions of her clothes, undergarments). The novel continues with this teenager settling in and helping out in the bakery, with the baker becoming a mother figure to her. Soon, it becomes a romance as someone comes into town and she finds that it is an old flame and rekindles their relationship

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments The part about the teenager helping in the bakery reminds me of The Cake Therapist, and so does the old flame. But the woman has no children.

message 9: by Mariam (new)

Mariam | 5 comments The Cake Therapist is definitely similar! Unfortunately not what I’m lookinbfg for though. The best I can describe it is that the book I’m looking for would be if someone wrote a sequel to the The Cake Therapist many years later - describing an established woman with a small but successful bakery who connects with an old flame.