David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Book Talk > Christmas Book Haul

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 240 comments So, let's talk. What exciting new books did you get for Christmas?

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) I only received two books for Christmas.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

I am having serious book envy seeing all the books every one has gotten.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bruno | 771 comments I got two books for Christmas. My dad gave me a financial book, boring lol, and then I got the Collector’s Edition of ADSOM.

message 4: by Janie (new)

Janie (sj_ellis11) I got Eat What You Watch A Cookbook for Movie Lovers by Andrew Rea

But I'm also excited for Death Note Black Edition, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba and Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff that my husband got, The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken and The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3) by Rick Riordan that my oldest son got, and Click'd by Tamara Ireland Stone that my daughter got (:

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Fun Thread!

Okay, so first was the Advent Calendar I did with Jen and Karen

From my mom I got a beautiful edition Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

And I did a Secret Santa Swap on a book group and got these 2 books: Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand

So pretty good book haul for me this Christmas!

message 6: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Nancy wrote: "I only received two books for Christmas.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

I am having serious book envy seeing all the books every one has gotten."

Almost every year I feel the same way. I decided to remedy that with the Book Calendar idea! It was so fun!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Sarah E. wrote: "I got Eat What You Watch A Cookbook for Movie Lovers by Andrew Rea

But I'm also excited for Death Note Black Edition, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba and Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff that m..."

Sweet!

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Catherine wrote: "I got two books for Christmas. My dad gave me a financial book, boring lol, and then I got the Collector’s Edition of ADSOM."

The collector's edition of ADSOM is one I really want!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I got four, Norsk Litteraturhistorie Fritt Etter Hukommelsen (Norwegian Edition) by Knut Nærum (a book about norwegian litteratur writen by a comedian)
60 damer du skulle ha møtt. Norsk kvinnehistorie for deg som har det travelt by Marta Breen a norwegian book about important women in the vein of rebel girls++
Stillhet i støyens tid. Gleden ved å stenge verden ute by Erling Kagge a book about introverts.
and Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Nice Oda!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenny wrote: "Nice Oda!"

message 12: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 34 comments The two books that I got for Christmas is Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas and Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas . Also, I bought myself a Christmas book present and it was David Copperfield by Charles Dickens .