The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

General > New Moderator or Group?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy (the1germ) | 96 comments Mod
Hi folks,

Our haphazard threads for the Soldier's Son read is driving me bonkers. I was able to briefly get in contact with Alex about instating another moderator a few months ago, but he kinda disappeared again before doing so.

We can probably talk to Goodreads about a new moderator, or create a new group altogether. I'd hate to do a whole new group though, with all the folks already here.

Any thoughts on a solution, or would anyone be willing to become a moderator if we contacted Goodreads? I would be happy to do so, but don't want to step on any toes of the folks who have been active here for much longer. If you're interested, please speak up!

message 2: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Haplo (alfredhaplo) | 550 comments Darn, I meant to click "reply", but clumsily did "flag" instead. Hope it didn't work. Sorry.

Go for it, Jeremy. You have my vote to mod solo and/or with anyone else who can. Thanks for taking initiative.

With more Hobb books coming up, and potential re-reads, it's a good idea to reboot this forum. I rather we keep this existing group intact for posterity reasons (left way too many comments here over the last few years!) and ask Goodreads to replace the inactive mods.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Halse | 26 comments I agree. Jeremy seems much more active in this group. I love Alex but it looks like he hasn't been on for months. Jeremy has my vote for mod.

message 4: by Jeremy (new)

I very much like Alex, as well. He hasn't been very active on Twitter either. I hope everything's okay with him!

I'm going to try contacting him directly once more before going to Goodreads.

message 5: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Jeremy wrote: "Hi folks,

Our haphazard threads for the Soldier's Son read is driving me bonkers. I was able to briefly get in contact with Alex about instating another moderator a few months ago, but he kinda di..."

You have my vote!

message 6: by Jeremy (new)

Alex came through! Thanks, buddy!