Support for Indie Authors discussion

SIA Investigate > FlipLoud?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments What is their purpose? What do they do?

message 2: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Bynum (slbynum) | 26 comments Looks like they mostly promote your book through their various social media (Facebook, twitter).

message 3: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments S.L. wrote: "So I was contacted through my website by this company offering promo services. It's called FlipLoud, and the website is DELETED (No link please!). They have a good deal now, a 20% coupon (using coupon code BIGDEC20) that expires the last day of 2017. They have three packages- $29.99, $39.99, and $49.99. But I think they're new, and I'm not sure I should trust them. Should I risk it?
"

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Oh you posted a link which is a no no. Well anyway I'm still curious, so they promote you social media..hmm..I'll look into it but I've never heard of it.

message 5: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Bynum (slbynum) | 26 comments Oh, oops, I was just trying to let you guys know where to find it.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 364 comments Justin wrote: "What is their purpose? What do they do?"

As far as I can tell, their purpose is to spam authors on a regular basis through Goodreads and e-mail.

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Ah well then..lol

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 65 comments I received an email from them also. From what I have read on their website they promote on social media--facebook and twitter. They provide handles for each of the channels they use, so it is possible to check the number of followers. There are over 1000 books for sale on their website. But, I also found a number of negative reviews.

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 65 comments I would like to make the suggestion to move the group rules more to the right of the page. Once the post has been submitted, it does cover up part of the post, and it is impossible to check it for accuracy.

message 10: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4284 comments Mod
Personally, I wish we didn't have to have a reminder of the group rules pop up at all, but alas... we need it. Unfortunately, we can only do as much as Goodreads will allow when it comes to having the group rules pop up.

I'm not sure why the rules would be covering your post. Right now I am typing this and I can only see the rules if I let the mouse hover over the box. I can read my post in full. The rules shouldn't remain visible after the post has been made. Maybe it looks different on different kinds of devices? I haven't had any issues with my computer at home or any of the work computers.

message 11: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 73 comments Dwayne wrote: "I'm not sure why the rules would be covering your post. Right now I am typing this and I can only see the rules if I let the mouse hover over the box. I can read my post in full. The rules shouldn't remain visible after the post has been made. Maybe it looks different on different kinds of devices? I haven't had any issues with my computer at home or any of the work computers."

I've had this problem as well in the past. Of course, right now as I'm typing it's staying nicely out of the way. Go figure. :)