The NoSleep Podcast Book Club discussion

The Black Farm
This topic is about The Black Farm
January 2018 Book of the Month: The Black Farm by Elias Witherow

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Feb 01, 2018 04:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica McEvoy | 101 comments Mod
Happy almost new year! We're going to be starting this year off darkly with Elias Witherow's expansion of the world from "Feed the Pig," The Black Farm - just in time for our "Escape the Black Farm" tour! Fair warning to anyone picking this book up: I have been told it is infinitely darker than the story from the podcast and may feature some themes that you may not be comfortable with.

You can find the book on Amazon for for around $13 or as an ebook for $4.99 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Reminder that we now have a Facebook group where you can drop any and all thoughts you have while reading the book: https://www.facebook.com/groups/20262...

Writing theme: Campfire Stories

Gray (gbrot001) | 7 comments Coffee is made, one of my favorite records is spinning, and I'm in my reading chair starting Chapter 1. Let's do this.

Gray (gbrot001) | 7 comments And finished! Haha. Is the FB page the only place for discussion/thoughts? Or is this thread another spot for that?

Gray wrote: "And finished! Haha. Is the FB page the only place for discussion/thoughts? Or is this thread another spot for that?"

The Facebook page is much more active since people spend more time there. However, feel free to post any thoughts here! Though if you plan on including any spoilers, please use a spoiler cover (click the "some html is ok" button above the comment box for info).

Noelle Brake (thelittlegaymergirl) | 10 comments Okay, posting my thoughts here and linking to Facebook because it's easier to hide spoilers here than it is on Facebook.

(view spoiler)

Noelle wrote: "Okay, posting my thoughts here and linking to Facebook because it's easier to hide spoilers here than it is on Facebook."

(view spoiler)

I'll post a spoiler megathread at the end of the month for the book on the Facebook group, but I'm so glad Goodreads has the spoiler html and is formatted for longer posts.

Noelle Brake (thelittlegaymergirl) | 10 comments Jessica wrote: "Noelle wrote: "Okay, posting my thoughts here and linking to Facebook because it's easier to hide spoilers here than it is on Facebook."

Okay, so without giving too much away from the tour script..."

(view spoiler)

Sounds good! I wish Facebook had a spoiler option haha

message 8: by anna n. (new)

anna n. (shenny) | 1 comments It's Feb 8th, I already finished the February book, and I'm still stuck somewhere in the middle of The Black Farm. I will... digest it at some point, I'm sure, but it's a super-hard read for me. Definitely works as anti-suicide support, though!

Desdymona | 53 comments Mod
Shenny wrote: "It's Feb 8th, I already finished the February book, and I'm still stuck somewhere in the middle of The Black Farm. I will... digest it at some point, I'm sure, but it's a super-hard read for me. De..."

I pushed through it but understand you completely.