Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 12 Chapters (117k words) of YA Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Pettifor (dwpettifor) | 2 comments First time author working on a young adult fantasy set in a fictional world. The story follows a family as they're torn apart by the onset of war from a neighboring kingdom. Most of the story (so far) follows a 13 year old boy Edlen as he journeys to a safer realm, meeting new characters and slowly uncovering hints of a larger war brewing between good and evil as foretold centuries prior.

There are two completed chapters that start a parallel story inline, but I'm looking for some initial feedback before I continue. I do have a timeline started (for the current era that the story is told) and some rudimentary maps.

message 2: by Dele (new)

Dele Daniel | 6 comments Sounds very interesting. I'll be happy to have a look. Just the two chapters right?

message 3: by David (new)

David Pettifor (dwpettifor) | 2 comments 12 chapters total but 2 of them start a parallel story that are in the middle of the book. But any feedback (grammar corrections to story/character building) would be helpful!

message 4: by Dele (new)

Dele Daniel | 6 comments Just read first page. I really like it :)

I'll dig in this weekend and get back next week. Well done with what you've done so far.

message 5: by Elysa (new)

Elysa (ebees) I'll read it!

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Brooks | 1 comments Hey there! I'd love to give it a read.