What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

While My Pretty One Sleeps
This topic is about While My Pretty One Sleeps
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Crime novel about female detective in New York. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire | 3 comments Hi,

I'm looking for a book that was written either 90s or 00s. I'm pretty sure it's written by a woman.

The book is set in New York in contemporary time. The lead detective is a woman, her Irish father use to be in the police force. The story surrounds fashion design. I think the female of owner of her own shop was murdered in her apartment above the shop.

The way the book is set up, it's like it's part of a series, maybe the first one? But that could be misleading you.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks!

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valeriekemp) | 273 comments Could it be one of the Rizzoli and Isles books by Tess Gerritsen?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Dec 30, 2017 02:21PM) (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Rizzoli & Isles series by Tess Gerritsen - Valerie's suggestion

message 4: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire | 3 comments Hey, no it's definitely not Rizzoli and isles. I read Tess Gerritson but not this series, but the medical examiner wasn't a part of the story. Thanks for the reply 😊

message 5: by Lynda (last edited Jan 06, 2018 08:44AM) (new)

Lynda | 110 comments This title is probably too old:
While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark

message 6: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire | 3 comments Lynda, that's the book! Although I clearly misremembered part of it, so I'm extremely impressed that you figured it out from my description! Thank you so much, I really really appreciate it.xx :)

message 7: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 110 comments You are very welcome! This can be marked as Solved