100 Books Challenge discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
Past Group Reads 2017-2018 > 2018 Group Read - January - Pride & Prejudice

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Martha (marthas48) | 893 comments Mod
This is for discussion of our January group read of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen to begin Jan. 20. I will keep this thread open in case anyone wants to start early.

Happy Reading

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 419 comments My audio book has arrived at the library! This, of course, will be a re-read for me but I will enjoy spending some time with Elizabeth and Darcy.

Martha (marthas48) | 893 comments Mod
It’s a reread for me, too. I probably need it now. It’s a wonderful book.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 419 comments Finished the audio book yesterday ... but haven't written /updated my review yet.

I'd forgotten some of the details. The BBC adaptation mini-series is just stuck in my mind and I forget how it differed in places.

I just love the way Austen writes these relationships. And her dialogue is wonderful!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 419 comments Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen – 4****
One of the best opening lines of literature: “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” It's no wonder this is a classic. Austen is simply the master of dialogue. The way in which the characters interact brings them to life.
LINK to my review