Dungeons & Dragons Experiment discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Adventurer's Tavern

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

Quemares | 279 comments Mod
A huge tavern where most of the adventurers of the realm and surrounding nations gather. The smell of mead, the sound of loud conversation and a general air of friendliness and companionship fills the tavern giving it a welcoming atmosphere and a refreshing rest, free from the dangers of adventuring

message 2: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander walked into the tavern and set his shield against a table in the far right corner. He sat down and took off his leather linked mesh hood. He breathed out and looked around noticing that the tavern wasn't as busy as usual today.

message 3: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander notice the woman rushing toward tthe counter and sighed. He knew how she felt. Just a few coins and hardly enough to pay for anything here. He waved a barkeep over and whispered in her ear that he would be paying for everything that woman ordered. He also requested that they send her over to him kindly.

message 4: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander smiled. "It was nothing. Here take a seat anything you want I'll pay for." He said with a smile. "Just don't order everything." He joked. He looked at her. "You don't have to be shy." He said warmly.

message 5: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander chuckled. "Come on don't you want to taste their sweet rolls?" He asked with a smile.

message 6: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander looked her in the eyes. "Nice eyes." He complemented. "So where are you from?" He asked while they waited for the sweet rolls to be made.

message 7: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander shrugged. "A town a bit down the road." He said simply. "You know I don't get to see many half elves." He said kindly. "The ones I do know are some of my best friends. So it's nice to meet you. I'm Zander." He said holding out his hand.

message 8: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander smiled. "I'm guessing you studied a lot of magic." He said kindly. He had a high approval of magic users since they were able to control things without touching them.

message 9: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander smiled. "That is amazing. The most I've ever done is heal myself." He said chuckling. He looked at her face. "You're actually pretty cute." He said with a smile. He looked around and saw their sweet rolls coming.

message 10: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry I forgot to tell you." He said chuckling embarrassed.

message 11: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Sander chuckled before he ate his sweet roll and looked around the tavern.

message 12: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander shrugged and looked at Arīa. "I come here every so often." He admitted.

message 13: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander shrugged and looked at her. "Its up to you." He pointed out.

message 14: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander smiled. "I wish I could say it was because I'm Noble and I do that for everyone I meet but to be honest I was a peasent. I know what it's like to have barely enough to scrape by. I did it because I want to help others." He admitted chuckling.

message 15: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander held his hands up. "You walked in here and looked like you hadn't seen a warm meal in months. The thought just came to my head." He admitted.

message 16: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander smiled. "Good to know you're not a damsel in distress." He joked.

message 17: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Zander chuckled and looked around the tavern. "So you ever think of going on adventures?" He asked with a smile.

message 18: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 315 comments Mod
((looks like he really is gone for 5 1/2 months...play or ignore, doesn't matter to me.))

Zander was cut off as the door slammed open, revealing a large dragonborn with a longbow. He lumbered over to the counter and ordered something before looking around. when his eyes met Zander's he paused before looking closer. Just then, someone else called Zander, frantically motioning him over. At the same time, the dragonborn pointed to Aria and beckoned to her, moving to the other side of the tavern.

message 19: by The landmaster (new)

"Do you know that man?" he asked, leaning his bow against the wall. "His face seems familiar, and his friends seem to recognize me, but I can't place them. I was hoping you could tell me his name, or maybe a little about him, to jog my memory."

message 20: by The landmaster (new)

He raises an eyebrow. "Only if there are disrespectful things to be said. If you have quarrel with him, I will gladly take it up for you. If he's threatened or blackmailed you, I promise to relieve you of it, there's no need to fear him anymore. A lady's good name is not something to be toyed with"

message 21: by The landmaster (last edited Jan 12, 2018 09:34PM) (new)

"For some people, money is cheap. A good reputation is much harder to come by." His order arrived, a large tankard of something frothy, and he paid. "I assume he was pretty silver-tongued? tell me, did he give you any details about himself? Did he tell you where he was from? Did he tell you what he does to get by? Is he part of a well established family? Have you seen him preform a noble act? These things are much harder to forge, but a meal is relatively cheap. Nothing more than few gold coins." He took a swig of his drink. "And," he continued "How do you know he didn't have he sweet rolls poisoned or laced?"

message 22: by The landmaster (last edited Jan 13, 2018 08:16AM) (new)

The dragonborn shook his head. "You misunderstand, I wasn't asking those questions to learn more about him. If I have met him before, and I can remember it, what I already know would be enough. I was asking to see how well you know this person that you just accepted food from. I assume that people who seem nervous around me have something to hide. He and his friends seem nervous, and like I mentioned before, I feel as if I've met him." "And," He said, after taking another draught of his drink. "I'm trying to keep you safe. Young people are often a little too trusting." He looked over at Zander again before shaking his head, unable to connect Zander to a specific memory.

"You never asked me for my name" he realized.

message 23: by The landmaster (new)

"I am Thundertounge, from the FlashCragg kingdom. You said you are a druid? I am on my way to the next eastern province, and I've been told that over the mountain is the quickest, but most dangerous way, to travel." He took another drink before resuming. "I'm not afraid of them," He continued. "I hail from the mountains, but I'm not beyond suggestions. Perhaps you know something of the way, druids are often familiar with the surrounding nature, Lady...?"

message 24: by The landmaster (new)

Thundertounge pulled his chin back in surprise. “Guide me? Surely you mean to the mountain. Over the mountain, that’s no small feat. The message I received said that I was needed there immediately, so I feel inclined to accept your offer, however extensive it may be.” He finished his drink and stood. “As for the timing, we should leave immediately, I have everything I travel with on my person.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 303 comments Mod
((I would like to join, but, and I should add this to his sheet, Cricket doesn't drink. Is there any way you could visit his shop or something?))

message 26: by The landmaster (last edited Jan 13, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

((You got it))

Following the Druid out of town, Thundertounge’s eyes widened when she suddenly became an animal.

“Well,” He said “I am certainly glad you’re not my enemy.” He stopped. Not my enemy...where have I heard that before... ...

His mind flashed back to earlier that day, when he had seen someone pick a gnome’s pocket, right before he stepped into his shop. Running after the thief, he had heard someone say ‘Geez, I’m glad he’s not my enemy'. The trinket! He had never returned it! Reaching his hand into his pocket, he pulled it out. “We need to go back,” he said to Aria “I recovered a stolen trinket, but never made it back to the owner. I’ll lead you there.”

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.