Australian Women Writers Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Participants 2018 > Sign up for 2018 is now open!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (last edited Dec 28, 2017 05:19PM) (new)

Brenda Welcome to the 7th year of the Australian Women Writers Challenge!

The AWW challenge was set up to help overcome gender bias in the reviewing of books by Australian women. The challenge encourages avid readers and book bloggers, male and female, living in or outside Australia, to read and review books by Australian women throughout the year. You don’t have to be a writer to sign up. You can choose to read and review, or read only.

The challenge will run from Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2018. You can sign up throughout the year till 30 November 2018.

Click on the link to sign up, as well as read the full details for the year ahead :)

Happy reading everyone!

http://australianwomenwriters.com/sig...

message 2: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Hi Brenda, I was wondering if there is a "Challenge Completed" link for 2017. I saw it for 2018 on the website but don't remember doing it this year?

message 3: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) The link to this Goodreads group on the website goes to the GR Homepage if you wanted to let them know.

You can also join our Goodreads group and follow us on Twitter

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Here's the CHALLENGE COMPLETED link Ace :)

http://australianwomenwriters.com/cha...

(I put these particular links in my first post, so I'll always have them!)

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Ace wrote: "The link to this Goodreads group on the website goes to the GR Homepage if you wanted to let them know.

You can also join our Goodreads group and follow us on Twitter "

Just checking with Theresa now Ace - thanks!

message 6: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Brenda wrote: "Here's the CHALLENGE COMPLETED link Ace :)

(I put these particular links in my first post, so I'll always have them!)"

Oh, I see, its a generic form, not specific to 2018. Duh. Sorry. I think I have already filled it out. Is there a way to check?

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Is that the link that I put up there Ace? Theresa said it goes straight to this group. Can you show me where the link is situated please? Thanks!

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Ace wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Here's the CHALLENGE COMPLETED link Ace :)

(I put these particular links in my first post, so I'll always have them!)"

Oh, I..."

That's the completed one for 2017 - and I don't know; if you tried to do it again, perhaps it would say you have done it. It's been showing since the beginning of December :)

message 9: by Ace (new)

Ace (aceonroam) Brenda wrote: "Is that the link that I put up there Ace? Theresa said it goes straight to this group. Can you show me where the link is situated please? Thanks!"

On the sign up page, if you scroll down to where the new badge is displayed, the sentence directly above the badge has the Goodreads link. It goes to Goodreads. com rather than to this group here.

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Theresa must have worked it out, because I just clicked on it and it comes straight here :) She might have seen your comment too : ) Thanks Ace!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 547 comments Hi Brenda, I know I'm probably a bit early, but do you know when sign up for 2019 will be open? 😊

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda I'm not sure yet Sharon - I haven't heard anything from Theresa yet so going on the fact that this thread was set up on the 28th December last year, I'd say it'll be very close to the end of the month :)

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 547 comments Thanks Brenda. I'll keep my eyes open for towards the end of the month. Not long away 😱

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda I know - scary isn't it :(

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.