Support for Indie Authors discussion

Blurb Workshop > Blurb Help - Horror - The Testament of Judas

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. (mtylergillett) | 9 comments This novella isn't a new work, it's actually a couple of years old now, but I'm thinking I need to rework the blurb. Here's what it is now:

An ancient manuscript recovered from the sands of Egypt reveals a shocking portrait of Jesus, as told by his infamous disciple, Judas Iscariot. Here Judas is not the betrayer, but rather the one man willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity from the ultimate evil. The Testament of Judas brings everything about the ministry of Jesus into doubt, forcing the reader to confront the question: what if the promise of eternal life was not a blessing, but a curse?

I think I'm being too subtle with this, and so I've come up with a new one:

A newly-discovered manuscript from the sands of Egypt will throw everything we think we know about Jesus Christ into doubt. Instead of the gentle healer and preacher of the Gospels, The Testament of Judas reveals a Jesus on an apocalyptic quest to fulfill the plans of his “Father who is in secret” and bring about a resurrection of the dead to consume the living. Judas Iscariot, infamous twelfth apostle, must choose between the man he left everything to follow, and the people of Jerusalem, who are to be given over to the gnashing teeth of those whom Christ chooses to gift with "eternal life."

Thoughts?

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments I’d go here.

A manuscript found in the sands of Egypt throws everything we think we know about Jesus Christ into doubt. The Testament of Judas depicts Jesus on an apocalyptic quest to fulfil the plans of his ‘Father who is in secret’ - the resurrection of the dead to consume the living. Judas Iscariot must choose between the man he left everything to follow, and the people of Jerusalem, who are to be given over to the appetites of those chosen for eternal life.

message 3: by M. (new)

M. (mtylergillett) | 9 comments Thanks, Jane!

message 4: by M.V. (last edited Jan 24, 2018 08:44AM) (new)

M.V. Clark | 22 comments I like it

A manuscript found in the sands of Egypt overturns everything we think we know about Jesus.

The Testament of Judas has Jesus on an apocalyptic quest to fulfil the plan of his 'Father who is in secret' - the resurrection of the dead to consume the living.

Judas Iscariot must choose - between the man he left everything to follow, and the people of Jerusalem, who will be gnashed in the teeth of those gifted with 'eternal life'.