What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance novel, not on earth, about a princess/scientist who is on board a spaceship to go to the moon in her planet's solar system. She meets a man who is in a different caste system than hers, which means they can't be together. not contemporary. Spoiler.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments The book is about a princess/scientist who is on board a spaceship to go to the moon in her planet's solar system. She meets a man who is in a different caste system than hers, which means they can't be together, and she finds him seriously attractive. Something goes wrong in the wiring of the ship and the people aboard all have to abandon it. When they do, the only planet near them is a primal one that hasn't been explored yet. After they build a camp on the planet, and some of the people start going a little crazy, the man she met has decided to go off on his own to find a crashed satellite to try and get a signal home so they can be rescued. She follows him and they travel together. They are able to send the signal and they are rescued, but when they are back on their planet, he gets in trouble because he disobeyed his commanding officers and tried to go above his station. She finds out she is pregnant and has the baby, then her father has the baby taken to someone that is in the man's caste system so it can be raised and she doesn't know where. She eventually finds the baby and she meets up with the man again. Her father finds out and has him banished. She turns her back on her caste and goes to find him with her baby and the woman who was taking care of him. They get to the island where the "outcasts" are and find out it isn't as bad as they believed it was. Actually, it is something they like a lot better than the society of caste systems. She eventually finds him and they all live happily ever after with all of the uncasted.

That's pretty much the whole plot. I'm pretty sure that I read it back in the early 2000's, but I think that it was printed much earlier than that. Possibly in the late 80's, early 90's.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 29, 2017 08:00AM) (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Amber, is the term "caste" used in the novel?

Why was the heroine travelling to the moon?

Added a spoiler alert to the topic header.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments Hey Kris,

Yeah, the term "caste" was used repeatedly in the book. I think that she was going to the moon to study the geology of it or something like that. And thanks for fixing that, by the way. This is my first post, so I figured I'd get something wrong lol

message 4: by Emi (new)

Emi (emibee) | 18 comments I'm reading something similar right now: Enchantress from the Stars.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl - mentioned by Emi

message 6: by Amber (last edited Dec 29, 2017 02:49PM) (new)

Amber | 3 comments That is seriously close!!! I had to do a double take at it lol. In it the girl doesn't stow away on the ship, everyone knows she's on it. I also think that the main male character's name was Roc, but I can't be completely positive. He was just an officer on the ship, not the medical officer. I am positive that the medical officer was a woman and her name was Velma. She was a side character.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Amber, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enchantress from the Stars (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sylvia Engdahl (other topics)