2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Becky's 25 + in 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (last edited May 13, 2018 07:44AM) (new)

Becky My goal for 2017 was 20, I fell short at 17 but started mid year so I think 25 is a good goal for 2018. Especially as I want to spend more time reading than on social media.

I'm starting with the books I didn't finish in 2017 (HP7) and moving onto The Expense series by James Corey (which is about half of my goal in itself!).

6/25

I'm also doing the Colour Challenge cause it sounds fun (and easier than the others!)

5/15

1. White: Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

2. Pink: Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) by Dan Brown

3. Red: Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion

4. Orange:

5. Yellow:

6. Green:

7. Light Blue: Leviathan Wakes (Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey

8. Dark Blue:

9. Purple:

10. Brown:

11. Black:

12. Metallic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

13. Five Colors:

14. Color Word in the Title:

15. Descriptive Word in Title (Rainbow, Stripes, Polka Dots, Etc).:

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) R L Griffiths wrote: "My goal for 2017 was 20, I fell short at 17 but started mid year so I think 25 is a good goal for 2018. Especially as I want to spend more time reading than on social media.
..."

Sounds good Becky! Planning on spending less time on social media as well... and tv..... and games on my phone....

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & happy reading!!

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky I agree with two of those, can't quite bring myself to cut back on tv as well! Although with the reading, knitting and life tv might have to be bumped down the list of priorities!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments good luck in the coming year!

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) R L Griffiths wrote: "I agree with two of those, can't quite bring myself to cut back on tv as well! Although with the reading, knitting and life tv might have to be bumped down the list of priorities!"

Lol, I say "planning on"..... ;P

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky So I've technically finished 1 book (I started it but didn't finish last year) but it still counts!

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Becky wrote: "So I've technically finished 1 book (I started it but didn't finish last year) but it still counts!"

It sure does!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky I'm a bit behind for February/March so far (life and work getting in the way) but I'm hoping to get my current book finished soon (Before I Go to Sleep) to move onto something a little more exciting!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12008 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!