Fringe Fiction Unlimited discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 1352 comments Mod
It could be considered part of the big 5 social media sites but to be honest I don't really know anything about it. I get requests constantly from people on there asking me to join their network.

Anyone have a LinkedIn account? How does it work and what can you tell us about it and your success with it if any?

message 2: by Justin (new)

Someone on Twitter recently asked the question "does anyone really use LinkedIn?" and I thought it was spot on because I've wondered the same thing.

I have an account and I get a ton of requests but I have no idea how to use the damn site and I don't know that it's even worth learning.

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) It was my first social media site, but I never warmed to it. I've since quit, although even now I don't think LinkedIn has accepted that decision.

I think for a certain group of professionals it allows them to make contacts and find jobs, but for creative writers other social media sites may offer better returns. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in particular.

I'm sure there are many other, more "modern" sites as well, but those three seem most effective to me at the moment.

I also love Pinterest, but not for self-promotion.

message 4: by talia (new)

talia (taliaissmart) | 1 comments I think LinkedIn works best for me as a simple tool for consolidating contact info for potential collaborators/clients. I don’t really post or read others’ posts except when they update their place of employment. But it’s nice to be able to easily locate/remember a particular contact.

message 5: by Justin (new)

I constantly get friend requests for it, emails telling me to update it and I just have no interest in wanting to use it lol.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Williams (thewrongwriter) | 7 comments I view LinkedIn as serving two purposes:
* Keeping in touch with professional contacts/customers/colleagues, and
* A content sharing platform for business.

Recruiters view it as a source of leads too. Since I have more than 10 years of experience in my field (content creation/marketing), they harass me weekly. No hyperbole.

A writer could use it for business purposes, but it's not suited to creative endeavors. Hope that helps.

message 7: by Justin (new)

I just unsubscribed from receiving LinkedIn emails. I don't get it, I don't wanna get it and no thank you to LinkedIn. Maybe when Google+ finally goes I'll consider it but I wouldn't count on it.