YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)
This topic is about The Last Namsara
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Last Namsara (Iskari #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli - Restarting December 3rd 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46542 comments Mod
In the beginning, there was the Namsara: the child of sky and spirit, who carried love and laughter wherever he went. But where there is light, there must be darkness—and so there was also the Iskari. The child of blood and moonlight. The destroyer. The death-bringer.

These are the legends that Asha, daughter of the king of Firgaard, has grown up learning in hushed whispers, drawn to the forbidden figures of the past. But it isn’t until she becomes the fiercest, most feared dragon slayer in the land that she takes on the role of the next Iskari—a lonely destiny that leaves her feeling more like a weapon than a girl.

Asha conquers each dragon and brings its head to the king, but no kill can free her from the shackles that await at home: her betrothal to the cruel commandant, a man who holds the truth about her nature in his palm. When she’s offered the chance to gain her freedom in exchange for the life of the most powerful dragon in Firgaard, she finds that there may be more truth to the ancient stories than she ever could have expected. With the help of a secret friend—a slave boy from her betrothed’s household—Asha must shed the layers of her Iskari bondage and open her heart to love, light, and a truth that has been kept from her.

message 2: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Can I join too? I read a couple chapters on Epic Reads and I think it sounds so good!

Sure! :D

Andy | 14299 comments I will be along in January... ;)

Yay can't wait to have you! I'll be starting this one tonight I believe, along with another.

Andy | 14299 comments Woooooooo. Yeah there's no way I could squeeze this into December haha. I need to finish Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5) by Morgan Rhodes The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima and The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4) by Cinda Williams Chima for december.

Ah yeah good luck!

Chapter 1 (and In The Beginning) (view spoiler)

Andy | 14299 comments Thanks! Also just saw the rest of your explanations on the Wanted reading buddy thread lol. I can read this one in between the Falconer series books and This Savage Song audios

Chances are I'll update every chapter for a while.

message 11: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments That's totally fine :D

message 12: by Maddie (last edited Dec 28, 2017 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chapter 2 (and next small bit) (view spoiler)

What explanations?

Actually I'm going to just focus on this book for now because it's good, and it shouldn't take me too long, and then I can just totally focus on my beast of a book.

message 15: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments Maddison wrote: "What explanations?"

The stuff about how the numbers were how soon you had to finish the books and not dates lol

message 16: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments Maddison wrote: "Actually I'm going to just focus on this book for now because it's good, and it shouldn't take me too long, and then I can just totally focus on my beast of a book."

Good luck! I'll be focusing on The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima for the rest of the night.

Ah right yeah I thought that was confusing XD It's definitely a challenge from my bf!

I'm just playing our new PS4 atm but then I'll get back to reading when my bf gets back from work.

message 19: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments You can do it! Then buy more books just to show him lol

Show him what? XD

But I really like the idea :) When I finish this batch of books I'll randomly select more books from my shelf that I'm up to and just keep continuing that way, so I'm motivated.

So I thought I'd get a lot more of this one read today than I did, but that's cool XD I'm just massively pushing time to get Soul of the World done afterwards. It's a really scary thought.

At least I have tomorrow and most of Sunday off work too, so I'll plan on reading hopefully 200pg of Soul of the World tomorrow just so I can get a bit into it.

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4788 comments Mod
Chapter 1 + In the Beginning: (view spoiler)

message 24: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments How do you tag spoilers?

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Before the spoiler put < spoiler > and then at the end of the spoiler put < / spoiler > . Be sure to remove the spaces, I just put them there to show you :)

message 26: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments If you want to see an example click on the link above the chat box that says "(some html is ok)"

message 27: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 2 & 3 with the little extras: (view spoiler)

message 28: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maddison wrote: "Chapter 2 (and next small bit) (view spoiler)."

I thought the same thing! (view spoiler)

message 29: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Jenn wrote: "Before the spoiler put and then at the end of the spoiler put . Be sure to remove the spaces, I just put them there to show you :)"

Thank you!

Jenn wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Chapter 2 (and next small bit) As soon as the boy knelt next to her I knew he'd be the love interest. It always is the first male they meet. So predictable.

Going off on a rant h..."

(view spoiler)

Chapter 4 (And the Severing) (view spoiler)

I might pause this book for a while while I read my other book. Maybe. Depends if I can concentrate on my other one, because it's a big fantasy and my bf is playing on the PS4 at the moment so he's making a bit of noise.

message 33: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Chapter 10. I am really liking this so far. I wasn't so sure about another dragon book, but I'm intrigued. (view spoiler)

You're speeding through Aly! Go you!

message 35: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Maddison wrote: "You're speeding through Aly! Go you!"

Haha thanks! Pretty soon I have to work though so I'll slow down.

Ah yeah, you liking it? Where you at now? I'm up to Chapter 7 or something, and really enjoying it :D

message 37: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can't wait to get home from work and actually be able to dive into. Work is cramping my reading style lol

Haha work always does :p

message 39: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 3-10: (view spoiler)

Wow another speedy reader! I doubt I'll get to Chapter 10 by tonight, but I do need to finish this one not tomorrow but the next day, so I gotta get a move on.

Aly wrote: "Chapter 10. I am really liking this so far. I wasn't so sure about another dragon book, but I'm intrigued. [spoilers removed]"

Yeah I'm getting the same vibe.

Jenn wrote: "Chapters 3-10: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 43: by Maddie (last edited Dec 30, 2017 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm in the middle of Chapter 14 now. They're quite short, these chapters. Planning to get to page 250-300 today, which should be doable as it's New Year's Eve tonight so gotta stay up until 12, but I also want to get another 100-150pg done of a big format high fantasy book, and I am working 5hrs as well :/ We'll just see. I need to have this book finished by the end of tomorrow, which is a real tough one because I'm working 9hrs then.

message 44: by Andy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 14299 comments I can't wait to start this. I wish it was January already!

message 45: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 11-20: (view spoiler)

message 46: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 21-30:(view spoiler)

message 47: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 31-40: (view spoiler)

message 48: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

And finished! (view spoiler)

Andrea wrote: "I can't wait to start this. I wish it was January already!"

Why can't you start?

Wow you sped through Jenn! I'm supposed to be finished this tomorrow, but I highly doubt that. I mean, it might happen, but we'll see XD It is such an easy read, and I fly through it too when I sit down and read. So good!

Chapter 16 (view spoiler) Jenn clear some of that up for me :p

« previous 1 3 4