The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge discussion

Mini Challenges > 2018 Winter Challenge

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (last edited Dec 28, 2017 12:35PM) (new)

L (lauraactually) | 236 comments Mod

There are 6 tasks in this mini challenge
3 books must come from the Rory Gilmore Reading List (either revival or original series)
3 books can come from wherever you choose
Please post your task list below

When you’ve completed a task be sure to make a new post in this thread with your competed entry.
——> Example: Sept 1, completed task one, Great Gatsby

Be sure to use the Rory Gilmore reading list that can be found in the “How It Works” thread from Black, White and Read Books blog, and you can also use the list of books featured in the revival which can also be found in the How it Works thread. I’ll try to keep up to date with a score board and post the winner at the end of the challenge!

Tasks:
1. Read one book that was featured in a winter episode of Gilmore Girls (revival or original series) ** this one must be from the Rory Gilmore Reading List

2. Read one book that takes place in a small town like Stars Hollow (bonus points if the story occurs during winter)

3. Read one book that you have been putting off reading/ has been on your "to read" list for a while that you are determined to read in 2018

4. February 14th is Valentine's Day! Read one book that has a romantic storyline (or at least some romance/love)

5. Read a book where the authors name (first or last) starts with either J, F or M (January, February, March)

6. Read one book that is now a film

message 2: by Zoe (last edited Feb 17, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

Zoe (zoemmaude) | 46 comments 1. Read one book that was featured in a winter episode of Gilmore Girls (revival or original series) ** this one must be from the Rory Gilmore Reading List: On the Road by Jack Kerouac

2. Read one book that takes place in a small town like Stars Hollow (bonus points if the story occurs during winter): I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

3. Read one book that you have been putting off reading/ has been on your "to read" list for a while that you are determined to read in 2018: The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown (also made into a film!)

4. February 14th is Valentine's Day! Read one book that has a romantic storyline (or at least some romance/love): Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (also made into a film!)

5. Read a book where the authors name (first or last) starts with either J, F or M (January, February, March): Le bleu est une couleur chaude by Julie Maroh (also made into a film!)

6. Read one book that is now a film : Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King (I will probably read all of Different Seasons) (made into several films!) - Although I may also use this prompt to finish Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

message 3: by Holly (last edited Feb 01, 2018 07:10AM) (new)

Holly | 231 comments Mod
1. Read one book that was featured in a winter episode of Gilmore Girls (revival or original series) ** this one must be from the Rory Gilmore Reading List

Tuesdays with Morrie

2. Read one book that takes place in a small town like Stars Hollow (bonus points if the story occurs during winter) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

3. Read one book that you have been putting off reading/ has been on your "to read" list for a while that you are determined to read in 2018:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Lewis Stephenson

4. February 14th is Valentine's Day! Read one book that has a romantic storyline (or at least some romance/love) Mrs. Dalloway

5. Read a book where the authors name (first or last) starts with either J, F or M (January, February, March) Beloved by Toni Morrison

6. Read one book that is now a film Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

reply | flag *

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn January: completed task 4 - Doctor Zhivago

message 6: by Amaka (new)

Amaka Nzeadibe Just a quick question, is it too late to start?

message 7: by Amaka (new)

Amaka Nzeadibe *1. lies and the lying liars who tell them: A fair and balanced look at the right.
2. The Good Soldier- Ford Madox Ford (although while at the time all the town described in the book were small, I'm not sure if several small towns would meet the criteria)
3. Patience by Daniel Clowes ( or the Good soldier if it doesn't qualify for #2)
4. Faro's Daughter- Georgette Heyer
*5. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthure's Court- Mark Twain
*6. The Godfather- Mario Puzzo

message 8: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn completed February 22:

task #1 - the author John McPhee
task #4 - the author with a J: John Wyndham (This is not my usual genre, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Day of the Triffids.
task #6 - A Clockwork Orange

message 9: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Amaka wrote: "*1. lies and the lying liars who tell them: A fair and balanced look at the right.
2. The Good Soldier- Ford Madox Ford (although while at the time all the town described in the book were small, I'..."

Welcome to the challenge!

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita Sobreira (sanymars) | 2 comments I will begin today.

message 11: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn February 28: completed task #3 The Great Gatsby

message 12: by Amaka (new)

Amaka Nzeadibe My books still haven't come in so I'll have to sit this one out. Will there be another, I want to start right away!

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Johnson | 308 comments #6 The lovely bones.