Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Off Topic > Instagramming the Challenge?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 7205 comments Mod
Anyone on here using Instagram to track your progress in this challenge? I looked at the #aroundtheyearin52books hashtag, and there's not much! I'm hopefully going to be mapping my progress this year on there, and I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing the same so that I could follow along.

I'm at @bourquesbooks if y'all are interested, and I'd love to follow anyone who is mapping their progress as well!

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2216 comments I haven't been using Instagram to track my progress this year, but will start for 2018. Sounds great, and I love looking at book pictures on Instagram. I'll add you Emily. I can't remember my Instagram name (?!!?) but will add it here when I get back home (at work now).

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3489 comments I’m not Instagramming my challenge, but I’ve followed you!

PS - hey kitty! 🐱

message 4: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Kathy wrote: "I haven't been using Instagram to track my progress this year, but will start for 2018. Sounds great, and I love looking at book pictures on Instagram. I'll add you Emily. I can't remember my Insta..."

Definitely add your name! I'd love to follow along!

Jody wrote: "I’m not Instagramming my challenge, but I’ve followed you!

PS - hey kitty! 🐱"

She LOVES when I'm reading... always comes up to me when there's a book on my lap (and rarely any other time...)

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele (mmicee) I do like adding book pics on my instagram and tracking my reading there seems like a good idea! U can find me @mmicee

message 6: by Marina H (last edited Jan 20, 2018 01:04AM) (new)

Marina H | 1315 comments I've considered using instagram for the challenge, but I think I would have to set up a separate account for that. My family and most of my friends wouldn't have a clue what was going on if I started posting photos of books with #aroundtheyearin52books.

I do post photos of books once in a while though, but not for this specific challenge.

message 7: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (new)

Tracy (tracyisreading) | 2472 comments Mod
I might consider this if there’s enough of us doing it. I don’t use my insta for anything else anyways. I didn’t even realize there was a hashtag ....... but I love to look at pictures of books and would be interesting to see what everyone is reading 😊

message 8: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Marina H wrote: "I've considered using instagram for the challenge, but I think I would have to set up a separate account for that. My family and most of my friends wouldn't have a clue what was going on if I start..."

I set up a separate Instagram when all of my students started following my personal one. The Bourque's Books one is tied to my blog, and it's a place where I can post all of my nerdy book stuff without annoying my family haha!

message 9: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Tracy wrote: "I might consider this if there’s enough of us doing it. I don’t use my insta for anything else anyways. I didn’t even realize there was a hashtag ....... but I love to look at pictures of books and..."

I didn't realize there was a hashtag either (it only has like 170 posts to it), but I think we could totally get something going if we use it!

message 10: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3821 comments Mod
I don't use Instagram for books because, like Marina H said, my family and friends wouldn't really be interested.

I am active on Litsy and love the idea of adding the hashtag to my posts. I'm LauraRenae on Litsy if anyone is interested in following.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2672 comments I have Instagram but I never posted on it because my previous phone couldn't handle the app. I would consider posting my books, although I don't know if I'd remember to do it consistently. It might be a good alternative/supplement to posting on facebook.

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2216 comments My Instagram is @engelka. Should be fun to share our choices.

message 13: by Charity (new)

Charity (faeryrebel78) | 552 comments I haven’t used my instagram for the challenge before but if enough people do it I could be persuaded. I do add books sometimes but it’s mixed in with my other posts. Mine is faeryrebel78

message 14: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments I really like the idea of either Instagramming or Litsy-ing, but I read mostly on kindle. Suggestions????

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 476 comments I've never instagrammed the challenge although I do post pictures of books from time to time. I would totally be down to join in. I'm going to start adding you all. My instagram is @yaminminn

message 16: by Erica (new)

Erica | 460 comments I have instagram but never use it. I do use Litsy though. I'm EricaReads if anyone wants to add me :)

message 17: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3489 comments I’ve followed you all!

Nice legs, Charity!

message 18: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 1315 comments I'm loving the legs as well 😁

message 19: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (new)

Cheri wrote: "I really like the idea of either Instagramming or Litsy-ing, but I read mostly on kindle. Suggestions????"

Crap! Now I have to go back on Instagram, lol. I've heard of Litsy but Ive never really checked it out.

Cheri, I read off my Kindle A LOT!!!!! (although this year I'll be knocking a ton of physical books off my shelf which is so exciting 😃)

You could always open the kindle book up to the cover page and take a photo of that to post :-)

message 20: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3821 comments Mod
Cheri wrote: "I really like the idea of either Instagramming or Litsy-ing, but I read mostly on kindle. Suggestions????"

I also read on Kindle and I usually post some sort of artsy photo that's tied to the book. I figure most people know the book cover so I like to switch up the feed :)

message 21: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (new)

Ok I added you all....Love the leggings Charity 😃

I think my account is tkekacs. I post almost never but I'll try and keep up.

message 22: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments Thanks Laura & Tracy for the suggestions! I'm going to go check all this out and figure what I can do. My Instagram name is jovali.

message 23: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments I just was looking up the hashtag Emily mentioned, #aroundtheyearin52books, and got a message from Instagram that you can now follow hashtags. That seems an easy way to keep track of what everyone is posting as long as we all use that hashtag. I just started following it.

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 797 comments This sounds like fun! I'm going to start posting my reads on Instagram. My account is vpalacios13

Lisa (the.running.bookworm) I will also use Instagram hashtag to track my progress :)

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments I'm not going to Instagram my challenge, but I am going to follow the hashtag, so if you get crazy comments from katiegirlbrown, that's me.

message 27: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Brown | 379 comments I am new to Instagram this year and decided to use it for my books, so now that we are using it for the challenge- even better! I am @kbrown71407

message 28: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Young | 34 comments My Instagram username is @pineapplemama25
I don't have cute kitties or leggings, but I have two cute little boys ;)

I already planned to gram my progress on this challenge, and hopefully i will last longer than i did last year.

I'm so excited for the challenge to start!

message 29: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Yay! So excited to follow along! I'm going to use the #aroundtheyearin52books hashtag, and I'm going to try to hashtag the prompts succinctly, so hopefully we can get something going over there (and maybe even recruit people to our madness?)

I'm so excited to follow along with everyone!

message 30: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 390 comments I'm not sure if I'll post on insta but I followed a few of your guys's! my handle is @sabrina_ludwig2112

message 31: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3489 comments Looking forward to note books in my feed this year! 😁 Not sure if I’ll be posting but I’m _jodybell 😊

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (ParkerGray) | 7 comments I'm not on Instagram, but I'm tracking my challenge on Litsy. I'm ParkerGray there if anyone's interested.

message 33: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 120 comments I have started Instagraming my challenge and have followed as many of you as I could have find (I probably should have posted prior to following as it feels a bit stalkerish in a way!).

My username is @figment66 :)

message 34: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments It's probably easier just to follow the #aroundtheyearin52books hashtag than trying to follow everyone individually. Our feeds will get swamped with family and vacation photos from people we don't know personally if we follow each other by name, but if we follow the hashtag, we can see all the books people in this group post.

message 35: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 120 comments Cheri wrote: "It's probably easier just to follow the #aroundtheyearin52books hashtag than trying to follow everyone individually. Our feeds will get swamped with family and vacation photos from people we don't ..."

I didn't know you could follow hashtags. This actually makes the most sense.
Thanks for the suggestion Cheri!

message 36: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments Bridget wrote: "Cheri wrote: "It's probably easier just to follow the #aroundtheyearin52books hashtag than trying to follow everyone individually. Our feeds will get swamped with family and vacation photos from pe..."

It's a new feature. The first time I went to the ATY52 hashtag, I got a message that we can now follow hashtags. Perfect timing!

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments I'm really enthusiastic about this new feature. It is awesome. And I like seeing all your books pop up in my feed.

message 38: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2920 comments It's awesome to be able to follow the hashtag! Looking forward to all your beautiful book pictures (I'm nemone13 btw).

message 39: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (last edited Jan 04, 2018 10:26AM) (new)

I'm actually really enjoying Litsy now that I'm figuring it out. I've been posting more there because it spares my friends and family from a zillion crazy book posts. Plus you can do fun stuff with your photos :-)
Also, its kind of neat to see/learn about everyone doing this challenge: what life is like outside of Good Reads. So many great pictures. I feel like I'm getting to know some of you better just through your photos :-)

message 40: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 390 comments Tracy wrote: "I'm actually really enjoying Litsy now that I'm figuring it out. I've been posting more there because it spares my friends and family from a zillion crazy book posts. Plus you can do fun stuff with..."

which reminds me, your daughter literally looks like a mini you it's crazy!

message 41: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (new)

Sabrina wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I'm actually really enjoying Litsy now that I'm figuring it out. I've been posting more there because it spares my friends and family from a zillion crazy book posts. Plus you can do ..."

lol, thanks. 😊

message 42: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Audiogirl.booking.it (audiogirlbookingit) | 488 comments I have a public account just for Instagram totally separate from my private family/friend account... I opened it not too long ago I don't post any pictures of my kids faces on that one.. Its really just for bookstagramming. It is so much fun! I really enjoy the the chatter on there about books whats good whats new. Its a great community.

My user name is audiogirl.booking.it

message 43: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new)

Kelly wrote: "I have a public account just for Instagram totally separate from my private family/friend account... I opened it not too long ago I don't post any pictures of my kids faces on that one.. Its really..."

I have the same thing! My bourquesbooks account is just for reading things because I felt like I was annoying my family with all the books and blog stuff haha! Following you now!

message 44: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (last edited Jan 05, 2018 03:32PM) (new)

I've switched my account to private now that I'm using hashtags, and since everyone here seems to be following. I'm good with that. But since there are pictures of my girls..... better safe than sorry. Request me and I'll accept.

message 45: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (amspivak) | 28 comments I have also added pictures to the hashtag! Although I’m on private, so I don’t know if they’ll pop up.

message 46: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 1315 comments Alexis wrote: "I have also added pictures to the hashtag! Although I’m on private, so I don’t know if they’ll pop up."

I don't think others can see your pictures if the account is private. Then it's only people following you who can see them no matter how many hashtags.

message 47: by Sarah (last edited Jan 09, 2018 03:25AM) (new)

Sarah (s4r4h) | 29 comments I am on Instagram all the time and will use the hashtag. I'm @sarahelliott73. Headed over their now to start following you guys.

message 48: by Cris (new)

Cris (cris_lectora) I plan on taking this year's challenge very easy (I don't even have my full list planned or anything), as my real life duties do not allow for as much reading as they used to, but I will definitely post on Instagram and will follow you all! :)
I'm @oceancrawls there.

message 49: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenlizm) | 39 comments I don't do Instagram but have become addicted to Litsy (which I never even knew existed before this discussion!). Any one on there, feel free to follow me : Shookbelf.

message 50: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 2926 comments I started using Instagram to log my AtY challenge recently.

My instagram name is Amybooksit :)

« previous 1 3