Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Wurms of Blearmouth (The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, #5)
This topic is about The Wurms of Blearmouth
Erikson and Esslemont - Malazan > Wurms of Blearmouth [Apr 27, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new) - rated it 3 stars

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7428 comments Mod
This is a Buddy Read for The Wurms of Blearmouth by Steven Erikson starting April 27, 2018.
The Wurms of Blearmouth (The Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, #5) by Steven Erikson

Hacen | 883 comments I’m in.

Yanique Gillana | 915 comments I got a copy last week on bookoutlet for $1.99! In case anyone’s looking.

Rick Newland | 21 comments Out of Blood Follows, The Lees of Laughters End and The Wurms of Blearmouth, this one was by far my favorite.

Hacen | 883 comments Starting today

Hacen | 883 comments Three stars for me. This one was all over the place and is my least favorite so far.

Mayim de Vries | 2918 comments These read really fast.

They have their charm, but it is a really noir, absurd type of humour that I sometimes adore (Black Books!) and sometimes I'm indifferent to.

I cheered for the witch, but It seems I will have to settle for Mancy. ^^

Yanique Gillana | 915 comments So I started this and had to check to be sure I was supposed to be reading this now because huh? Is this picking up from the other novellas (because I didn't read Blood or Lees)? I wend straight to this from Deadhouse.

Timelord Iain | 16626 comments Yea... Blood Follows introduces us to Emancipor Reese and KB&B... Lees picks up where Blood Follows ends with their boat trip across Laughter's End... and this 3rd story picks up in the town they end up after the end of Laughter's End...

I still need to read this...

Yanique Gillana | 915 comments Iain wrote: "Yea... Blood Follows introduces us to Emancipor Reese and KB&B... Lees picks up where Blood Follows ends with their boat trip across Laughter's End... and this 3rd story picks up in the town they e..."

Ahhhh, well that explains a lot. I'll just read the other two another time. I don't like reading out of order (for some reason I thought these were companions and not serial), but I'm already 60% in.

Timelord Iain | 16626 comments They're a serial storyline about the 2 main characters and their manservant... meant to give backstory since people were intrigued by the characters when they show up in Memories of Ice, which we're reading next...

I think you at least needed to read Blood Follows first... the chronological order we're reading in isn't even the exact order they were published in...

Yanique Gillana | 915 comments Iain wrote: "They're a serial storyline about the 2 main characters and their manservant... meant to give backstory since people were intrigued by the characters when they show up in Memories of Ice, which we'r..."

I'll read Blood Follows whenever I get my hands on it. Of the three I only have this one so there's no helping it. It's ok, I'll remember this one. I'll just put it aside in my head so when I read the others I can tack it onto the end.

message 13: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Im just starting this now! Excited to read more about these two and Mancy and their antics...

Timelord Iain | 16626 comments I still need to get to this at some point... hopefully this week...

message 15: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments So...what am i reading in this second scene with Felittle and her sea-spongyness??? 😜🤣

message 16: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Iain wrote: "I still need to get to this at some point... hopefully this week..."

The text size is large for this book. So even though its 200 pages, it goes by fast!

message 17: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments So it says on goodreads that this tale is one of 5. There’s Blood Follows, Lees of laughters End, this one, Healthy Dead, then what is the other of the 5 tales??

Im laughing out loud every few pages in this!

Timelord Iain | 16626 comments Blood Follows (2002) -- #1
Healthy Dead (2004) -- #4
Lees of Laughter's End (2007) -- #2
Crack'd Pot Trail (2009) -- #5
Wurms of Blearmouth (2012) -- #3
Fiends of Nightmaria (2016) -- #6 (this one includes a lot of art and is hardcover and expensive... luckily it's being included in the 2nd KB&B anthology later this year)