Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Looking for Beta readers for choice of novel in the modern fantasy humor. 3 Books completed so far!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TA (new)

TA Voss (tavoss) | 3 comments First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this all.

To get right to it, I have 3 finished drafts from an on-going series that I am looking for good feedback and dialogue about. While they are in the same series, happen chronologically, and have some overlapping characters, they are all stand-alone with mostly new characters in each. This means that they can be read in any order and I would in fact encourage that just to make sure that this aspect works.

Below are the descriptions of each. Feel free to email me at tavosswriting@gmail.com for more information or to inquire about reading one (or more) or you can reply here as well with contact info.

Dragon Wench ( 94K - Book 1 ) - is an adult fantasy novel in a modern setting with humor throughout. Terry leads a boring and predictable life until the actions of three local and exceptionally inept dragon cultists lead to the actual summoning of a long banished dragon spirit which ends up getting lodged in Terry's head. Now with Ezzela, a vindictive, hungry female dragon queen, lurking in his mind, Terry struggles to keep up appearances even as things start to spiral into the weird. Ancient cults, a mysterious biker, girl scout assassins and a looming first date is only the start of his troubles. Something worse comes seeking to take back our world and make it a buffet.

Inner Demons ( 103K - Book 2 ) - has Dani, a depressed succubus seeking the aid of human therapist at the behest of her concerned confidant. She begins to rediscover what made her steal hundreds of souls and be a plague upon mankind, but in the process starts a chain of events that may ruin her, her new therapist, Bill, his marriage and two worlds.

Spirit Tapped ( 100K - Book 3 ) - Following an unfortunate slip on some stairs, Emma was cursed to spend her afterlife collecting the souls of entranced twins under the direction of a sympathetic former-Nazi Hans. She is looking forward to a long summer away from drowning when things get so bad, Emma may not make it until Monday. With the help of her target, the uneasy Daisy, a friendly faun, Jenah, and a secret organization, she may make it. But death is coming.

Again, any interest you can email tavosswriting@gmail.com and I'd be happy to talk more. Thank you again!

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments Hi Voss,

I am interested in beta reading Inner Demons.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan | 13 comments Hi there! I think all stories looked promising especially with the concept of being able to read each work as a standalone. Quick question, are the books heavily edited or has undergone a lot of revisions? Or will it be a first/rough draft?

message 4: by TA (new)

TA Voss (tavoss) | 3 comments Jan wrote: "Hi there! I think all stories looked promising especially with the concept of being able to read each work as a standalone. Quick question, are the books heavily edited or has undergone a lot of re..."

Each of the books is on at least a 2nd draft with Dragon Wench being up to 6. Not of them are rough, I would say, and have been read over by others before so the stories are complete.

Feel free to drop me a message if you have any other questions!