2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle reading plan January 2018

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments I'm in a bit of a book hangover so I can't even think about what to read.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Jan 31, 2018 09:00AM) (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Buddy , BOTM and challenge reads
✔ Memory In Death - J D Robb
✔ The Pawn -Skye Warren ( LAL challenge)
✔ Sixpence & whiskey - Heather R. Blair ( BOTM )
❌ Two point conversion - Mercy Celeste (Buddy read galore group)

Series 📚
✔ Sincerely , Carter -Whitney G.
✔ Borrowing Blue - Lucy Lennox

Binge read 🗃📖
January
World of Kalquor - Tracy St. John
✔ Alien Conquest
✔ to clan and conquer

December 2017
J.M. Dabney
✔ Crave
✔ Psycho
✔ Bull
✔ Hunter

Catching up (or reminding myself of what's what)

rereading (cos nothing else looks good )

Standalones 📔
✔ Texan Helion -Jordan Silver
⭕️ Jealous alpha -Jordan Silver
Wild - Adrienne Wilder

Didn't plan on it ( impulse reads )
✔ Bleeding like me (BR with Sarah and Janie )
✔ Blind reader wanted - Georgia Le Carre ( BOTM, buddy read with Carla, lal challenge)
Binge
✔ Brad -Lucy Lennox
✔ Jumping Jamie
✔ Keller
✔ Grounding Griffith

✔ Break out - Lila Ross ( a-z bb challenge )
✔ Jealous Alpha -Jordan Silver

Binge
✔ Ghost - J. M. Dabney.
✔ Joker
✔ King
✔ Sin and Saint
✔ the scars she bear

Carried over and waiting
December
✔ Cherish Hard - Nalini Singh

November
Gift- Brynne Asher

October
Her thin blue lifeline- AJ Downey

September
Exquisite innocence - Ann Mayburn
Love another day - Lexi Blake
Primal law -J D. Tyler ( LAL challenge)

July
Silver silence -Nalini Singh

Broken courses - Aly Martinez
Sinner's revenge -Kim Jones
Anna Zaire boxset - twist me, capture me
Obsession -Ann Mayburn
American prince ☆

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Jan 01, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Think I'll leave it like that and just add as I go under impulse. And maybe try and clear my carried overs.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Two Point Conversion by Mercy Celeste
Buddy read : Shin , Shile, Trio , Eugenia
DNF

This just didn't grab me and nothing pulled me back to finish it. It was a combo of writing style and think also that it was young adult. Yes this is taboo but I knew that going in and that was even a trigger or the fact that it was mm. It was just how it was written . If you mind keeps wondering and your struggling to keep everyone straight that a sign that I shouldn't push it. It's just not for me

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Sixpence & Whiskey (Toil & Trouble, #1) by Heather R. Blair

I honestly don't know what or how I feel about this book. I've just finished a series similar to this. Paranormal. The heroine being the last to know anything , and that about herself. So many characters you just know they all have a back story.

So besides all that I liked it. Told from the heroines pov only which doesn't distract really. The writing was relatable. Every thing was fresh in that nothing I've read before besides the above mentioned. Weres and supernatural world living and you aren't bombarded with info. For me the more I got use to the rhythm of th writing you get your explanation of this particular viewpoint of the world.
Even the cliffhanger is to be expected but not too frustrating. I can wait till next month or so to find out what happened aft this point.

Overall I liked it and as I said I want to know how this all pans out.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1) by Lucy Lennox
What great and sweet start to a series. First time I'm reading this author and I liked it. Reminded me a bit of romance books I started out reading when I was younger. Just mm and much more steamer that those. Nothing really complicated but it's has a little bit of everything to keep you interested. I'll definitely be continuing this series.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10496 comments Mod
Have fun, Michelle! You’ve got lots of variety.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Jonetta wrote: "Have fun, Michelle! You’ve got lots of variety."

I just hope I get through them and can tick off some from previous months.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Hope you have a great month Michelle!

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1) by Nalini Singh

I love this author, she one of my authors I don't always read what the blurp says before just grabbing.
This is one I've been waiting for since reading about his brother Gab in another series. It was sweet, hot and what you'd expect from Nalini Singh. I really loved both the MC's and was rooting for them both from the start . Great protagonist and great side characters. All working to make this a series you want to chill with.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments The Pawn (Endgame, #1) by Skye Warren

This has been on my shelf for a while. So thank to my challenge if finally got to it.

This book reminded me of Pepper Winters story arcs. Bjt I still liked it. How a father can instill such values in his daughter and then be the lowest of the low and not practice that same integrity of values. I felt for her of having to face this all alone. But I loved her courage and strength.. Yes I'll be moving on to the second book because I want to know what lies behind Gabriel. He more than anything kept me reading .

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4065 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I'm in a bit of a book hangover so I can't even think about what to read."

Totally with you on that. After reading almost non-stop for a few years now, I'm going to take it easier this year.

Have a great month!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Thanx Lauren Enjoy your month as well

message 14: by Michelle (last edited Jan 12, 2018 07:53AM) (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Blind Reader Wanted by Georgia Le Carre
Buddy read with Carvanz and Janie.

This was a BOTM read. The challenge was to read a book you put on you TBR shelf January 2017. So my picks were this one and Sixpence & Whiskey. I read both.

Anyway. I loved this book. The writing kept my attention. The characters were well writtenthe heroine was a nice surprise of sassy and strong and for me so out of place among the bigoted and close minded small town mentality all around her. The hero , alpha suffering from mild PTSD and loner And for me someone I really wanted to find out more about. Let's not for this had some steamy moments but also some WTF's.
All I know is I've added another Uthor to look out for and find time to try one of series of.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Crave (Brawlers, #1) by J.M. Dabney

I had such high hopes for this one. I love the original series this is an offshoot from. So I'd had glimpses of these two. But it builds up and then it sort of fizzled . It's like the author didn't know what to do after she had this brilliant premise but didn't really have all the answers as to how it all works out. I feel like it should have had more of a resolution to the personal trials. The love story was neither her nor the for me because of all the other issues. However having said all that I'm still going to read the rest.

message 16: by Michelle (last edited Jan 20, 2018 12:40AM) (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Bull (Brawlers, #3) by J.M. Dabney Psycho (Brawlers, #2) by J.M. Dabney Hunter (Brawlers, #4) by J.M. Dabney Ghost (Executioners, #1) by J.M. Dabney Joker (Executioners #2) by J.M. Dabney Sin and Saint (Executioners #4) by J.M. Dabney King (Executioners #3) by J.M. Dabney The Scars She Bears (An Executioners Short) by J.M. Dabney

Binged read these two series. The one series mainly because it had some major editing problems so I continued as my brain was fixing things automatically. That brawlers series was also the one I thought had much more potential and just needed about 100 pages more to reach its full potential. It just wasn't round off properly.
The other series was similar to the Twirled Ink series and I read it as a guilty pleasure not expecting much.

Not sure if I want to read more of this author.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Bleeding Like Me by Riley Parks

Buddy read with Janie, Sarah, Renee and lurking Barbara

I actually don't know if I liked this books or not. Everyone is raving and I'm left wondering what I'm missing. It gritty. It feels honest and the writing wasn't bad either. The MC was believable and from the start the scene was seat of what and where they come from. I understood the characters and why and what they are. But I think that's where it stopped for me. I understood everything. And had great insight into them both but I just couldn't connect. I felt like an outsider and for me reading is about being immersed in a book. I suppose one could argue that because I still felt for them the author did draw me in to a certain extend.
I was taken on a journey with these two. I was aware of all the dangers and nothing was predictable. I was thinking how are they going to get the HEA, which they did get in th end.

I will say that I want to read more of this author . For a debut this was great.

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Wow, you've been a busy reader this month! Good work! I love a good binge read. :-)

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2176 comments Thanx Veronica. Between all my binge reads and buddy reads and now I've added more challenges to my year. I feel like I'm going to fall behind very fast.