2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Callie’s 18 in ‘18

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Callie (new)

Callie (callieceleste) Hi - a newbie here. And I am impressed by the personal reading goals set by others. I proudly read a total of 15 books in 2017 - scratching the surface of the feats achieved here!

So, those goals have inspired me to increase my 2018 reading goal from 15 to 18. ‘18 in ‘18’ - has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? Wish me luck!

Fiction is the name of the game 99.9% of the time for me - a serious lack of non-fiction in my life. A Francophile wanna-be, I always have a selection of books with France as the backdrop serving as a little ‘escape’ between books.

For 2018, my TBR tower (in no particular order):

1. Mao’s Last Dancer
2. The Time Traveler’s Wife
3. The Dry
4. Music and Freedom
5. The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
6. Pride and Prejudice
7. Jasper Jones
8. The Princess Bride
9. The Narrow Road to the Deep North
10. Mad Enchantment
11. Not Quite Nice
12. What Alice Forgot
13. All the Light We Cannot See
14. A Brief History of France
15. The Secret Garden
16. Lincoln in the Bardo
17. Hotel du Lac
18. A Christmas Carol

message 2: by Susy (last edited Dec 28, 2017 10:58AM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) Callie84 wrote: "Hi - a newbie here. And I am impressed by the personal reading goals set by others. I proudly read a total of 15 books in 2017 - scratching the surface of the feats achieved here!

So, those goals have inspired me to increase my 2018 reading goal from 15 to 18. ‘18 in ‘18’ - has a nice ring to it, don’t you think? Wish me luck! ..."

Hi Callie, welcome to the challenge!
You know, that's the cool thing about this group, everybody reads as many or as few as they want and can read! Well, maybe not want....most of us always want to read more... But we all have a different life style AND a different reading pace. I'm a slow reader myself and although I would LOVE to be able to read more than a hundred books, I know that I will never reach that. So I just keep reminding myself (and my fellow group members keep telling me) that it is all about quality, enjoying your reads, relaxing, having fun, not about quantity.

I do think 18 in '18 has a very nice ring to it!! :) And it also means a challenging yet achievable increase in your goal.

Wishing you the best of luck but above all Callie, I wish you a very happy reading year!

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments 18 in 18 is a great goal, does have s nice ring to it! Your list is great- Pride and Prejudice and A Christmas Carol are both excellent, and in my experience they’re quicker and easier reads than some other well known classics. Have fun!

message 4: by Callie (new)

Callie (callieceleste) Thank you both for your encouragement, Sue & Lindsay!

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 130 comments I plan to read All the Light We Cannot See and The Princess Bride as well this year.

message 6: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Callie84 wrote: "Thank you both for your encouragement, Sue & Lindsay!"

You're welcome Callie!
How is it going so far?

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!