2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Lindsay's 36 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments I'm going to shoot for 36 books this year! I think I can keep up a pace of three a month, with maybe a two during busy months at the office but four during slower months. In my office November - January tend to be terribly busy but June and July are much slower.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lindsay wrote: "I'm going to shoot for 36 books this year! ..."

Good luck Lindsay & happy reading!!

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Can it count if I unexpectedly got through the book in a day? Unexpected half day off + great book = first one knocked off my list! I think it’s close enough to New Years to count :)

So, 1/36!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lindsay wrote: "Can it count if I unexpectedly got through the book in a day? Unexpected half day off + great book = first one knocked off my list! I think it’s close enough to New Years to count :)

So, 1/36!"

Hahaha, you will have to edit the Date finished for Goodreads to count it towards the new year though.

I must say that I'm quite curious about which great book it was? :D

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ah, just saw it on your Members' corner. Have added it to my TBR!

message 6: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Ok, thanks Susy I will edit! It was a lovely fluke to have a whole afternoon to read. Never happens!

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Terry | 9 comments How do I set up my 2018 for 36 books?

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Hi Nicola! If you go back one page, to the “personal challenge 1-50 page, there’s an option to make your own thread, and you can set your personal goal at whatever you want! Then use that thread and keep adding comments to track your progress. Happy reading!

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Nicola wrote: "How do I set up my 2018 for 36 books?"

Go here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

and click Add topic.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping you had fun getting lost in some pages in your first month!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Two months down ten to go! I hope March is a success for you.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 15: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Thank you for the encouragement!

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!