Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Determination Lists - Archive > sherry's determination plus challenge 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Apr 28, 2018 04:59PM) (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments 2018 Determination Plus Challenge
0/18

1. Every Note Played- lisa genova

2. The Widow of Wall Street- randy susan meyers

3. The Death of Mrs. Westaway- ruth ware

4. Alternate Side- anna quindlen

5. A Nantucket Wedding- nancy thayer

6. The Husband Hour- jamie brenner

7. She Loves You- ann hood

8. Between You and Me- susan wiggs

9. Pieces of Her- karin slaughter

10. The Hate U Give- angie thomas

The next 8 books is the Plus part of the challenge almost like a bonus. Below are the 8 categories you need to read a book for.

11. A new author's first book (could be also a new to you author that you haven't read before) NTMA Wicked River- jenny milchman

12. A book set in a different country than you live in. Waking Lions- ayelet gundar-goshen

13. A book that is a different genre than your usual reading books (whatever you normally don't read try something out of your comfort zone if you want)
Curses, Boiled Again!- shari randall

14 & 15. Two books from a series you haven't completed yet (I'm sure we all have those, the books don't have to be the same series if you don't them to be)
Force of Nature- jane harper
Twisted Prey- sandford (i'm actually caught up on my series, so these are a bit of a stretch)

16. A book that comes out in 2018. The Family Next Door- sally hepworth

17. A book that was recommended to you. The Wife- alafair burke

18. A book you meant to read in 2017 but never got around to it. Pachinko- min jin lee

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments How have you done on your list Sherry? I am not as brave as you to list them up front. I know much of your 2018 reading has been for your bookstore events. I bet you’ve read several of the ones you planned.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3621 comments Ann wrote: "How have you done on your list Sherry? I am not as brave as you to list them up front. I know much of your 2018 reading has been for your bookstore events. I bet you’ve read several of the ones you..."

those are the ones that i read, ann. the pressure of having the list gives me agita (LOL), so i honetly don't plan what books i am going to read, i read and then fill them in where they fit. i know carol says that's cheating but it's the only way i can actually participate with the determination list. i swore off them years ago.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Same for me Sherry; I wait and list as I go. If I list them up front I will never read those specific books. Maybe the reason we have to do it this way is because of the massive size of the list of books we want to read. 😀📚📚📚

message 5: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2648 comments Nice list, Sherri, and with over a:month to spare.