2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Ranmali's reading goal for 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments I'm planning to read 25 books in 2018, 13 fiction and 12 non-fiction. This is similar to my 2017 goal. I was racing to catch up over the last couple of months and just finished reading the last book today! So, I decided to stick to a similar number in 2018.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ranmali wrote: "I'm planning to read 25 books in 2018, 13 fiction and 12 non-fiction. This is similar to my 2017 goal. I was racing to catch up over the last couple of months and just finished reading the last book today! So, I decided to stick to a similar number in 2018...."

Sounds good Ranmali! Wishing you the best of luck & happy reading! May you find some amazing reads along the way!

message 3: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Susy wrote: "Sounds good Ranmali! Wishing you the best of luck & happy reading! May you find some amazing reads along the way! ..."
Thanks Susy! Read some amazing books this year. Hope to discover more.

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments Good Luck with your goal in 2018!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 55 comments Good luck with your goal!

message 6: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "Good Luck with your goal in 2018!"
Thanks Blagcia!

message 7: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Rachel wrote: "Good luck with your goal!"
Thanks Rachel!

message 8: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Off to a good start!.
Completed book no. 1 The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz

message 9: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed #2. When Breath Becomes Air

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ranmali wrote: "Off to a good start"

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

message 11: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed #3 - Grit

message 12: by Ranmali (new)

message 13: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Wasserman (jeffwass) | 16 comments Well done, Ranmali! Just over one month in and you’ve got 4/25.

I’m also hoping to read Love in the Time of Cholera, but not sure I’ll get to it in this year’s challenge.

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are making great progress! Do you have a favorite book so far this year?

message 15: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Well done, Ranmali! Just over one month in and you’ve got 4/25.

I’m also hoping to read Love in the Time of Cholera, but not sure I’ll get to it in this year’s challenge."

Thanks Jeffrey! And good luck with your challenge!

Love in the Time of Cholera is not quite what I expected it to be. However it is a good read and beautifully written.

message 16: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "You are making great progress! Do you have a favorite book so far this year?"

Thanks Blagica! I have two favorites so far. :) When breath becomes air and Grit.

message 18: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you.

message 19: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "You are doing great! Hoping March is a great month for you."

Thanks for the cheer Blagica!

message 20: by Ranmali (last edited Mar 19, 2018 01:12AM) (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #6 - City of Bones

message 21: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ranmali wrote: "Completed book #6 - City of Bones"

On my list...for next year...lol

How did you like it Ranmali?

message 22: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Susy wrote: "Ranmali wrote: "Completed book #6 - City of Bones"

On my list...for next year...lol

How did you like it Ranmali?"

Enjoyed the book Susy. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

message 23: by Ranmali (last edited Apr 03, 2018 12:48AM) (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Kristin wrote: "We have a similar taste in books, Ranmali! You have read many books that I've had on my TBR list. Do you have any favorites or any that you'd consider to be duds?"

I enjoyed City of Bones Kristin. From the non-fictions, 'Grit' and 'When Breath Becomes Air' are my favorites. Non duds so far, but I didn't really like Love in the Time of Cholera. It was beautifully written but I didn't like the protagonist.

message 25: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments I hope that April brings you many more five star reads.

message 26: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "I hope that April brings you many more five star reads."

Thanks Blagica!

message 27: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #8 - The Poisonwood Bible

message 28: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #9 - City of Ashes

message 29: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #10 - City of Glass

message 30: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #11 - City of Fallen Angels

message 31: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 32: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "“Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!"
Thanks Blagica. :) Hope you will discover great reads in May.

message 33: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #12 - The Thorn Birds

message 35: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!! 13 books is fantastic keep it up.

message 36: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "“I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!! 13 books is fantastic keep it up."
My paradise will definitely be filled with books! :) Thanks Blagica!

message 37: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #14 - Angela's Ashes

message 38: by Ranmali (last edited Jul 09, 2018 02:34AM) (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments 14 books completed at the 1/2 year mark, not bad! - 7 fictions, 7 non-fictions. 6 fictions and 5 non fictions to go!

message 39: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ranmali wrote: "14 books completed at the 1/2 year mark, not bad! - 8 fictions, 6 non-fictions. 5 fictions and 6 non fictions to go!"

👍👍👍

message 41: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #16 - The Red Queen

message 42: by Ranmali (last edited Jul 09, 2018 02:35AM) (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Tally to date
Completed - 8 fictions and 8 non-fictions
To do - 5 fictions and 4 non-fictions

message 43: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments Great progress so far. I love your tally process is there a book you still can't wait to read?

message 44: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "Great progress so far. I love your tally process is there a book you still can't wait to read?"

Thanks Blagica! The tally helps me to keep track. I'm looking forward to reading the next two books in the shadowhunter series and the White Princess from the Cousins' War series.

message 45: by Ranmali (last edited Jul 15, 2018 03:48AM) (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #17 - The Kingmaker's Daughter

Tally to date
Completed - 9 fictions and 8 non-fictions
To do - 4 fictions and 4 non-fictions

message 46: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #18 - Dreams of Joy

Completed - 10 fictions and 8 non-fictions
To do - 3 fictions and 4 non-fictions

message 47: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12009 comments You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?

message 48: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Blagica wrote: "You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?"

Thanks! Yes looking forward to reading the next two books in The mortal instrument series and the White Princess

message 49: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #19 - Breakout Nations: In Pursuit of the Next Economic Miracles

Completed - 10 fictions and 9 non-fictions
To do - 3 fictions and 3 non-fictions

message 50: by Ranmali (new)

Ranmali Kirinde | 293 comments Completed book #20 - Metamorphosis and Other Stories

Completed - 11 fictions and 9 non-fictions
To do - 2 fictions and 3 non-fictions

« previous 1