Books & Boba discussion

Writing & Self-Promotion > Need Suggestions for my CNY Newsletter

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (last edited Dec 28, 2017 12:02AM) (new)

Brian Webb (brianqwebb) | 3 comments Hi!

So, every once-in-awhile I like to support the indie author community and dedicate my author newsletter to promoting them, usually tied around a specific genre or theme that I think my readers might enjoy. For example, I highlighted 3 indie scifi & urban fantasy authors and their most recent books in my X-mas/New Year newsletter this past Sunday.

Here's where I'm asking for your help. For 新國年, I plan on sending out two newsletters, one featuring books from authors in my local writing group (Taiwan Writer's Group/TWG Press) and a second featuring indie science fiction and space opera authors based in Asia. Note that they don't have to be Asian, but should be based in Asia and their stories have some visible Asian influence. For example, I'm not Asian, but I've lived in Taiwan for 20 years and the main protagonist in my last book and her views/past experiences/etc... are heavily influenced by that.

Leave suggestions here or feel free to email me at iwritejunk@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 2: by Reera, Bookmaster (last edited Dec 31, 2017 03:47AM) (new)

Reera | 270 comments Mod
There's Where the Stars Rise: Asian Science Fiction and Fantasy, an Asian sci-fi and fantasy anthology that released earlier this year. Some of the authors are Asian and others are not.

Other sci-fi/space opera recs...

- Starswept by Mary Fan
- Want by Cindy Pon - This one takes place in a futuristic Taipei
- The Sea Is Ours: Tales from Steampunk Southeast Asia - Another sci-fi anthology

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Webb (brianqwebb) | 3 comments Reera wrote: "There's Where the Stars Rise: Asian Science Fiction and Fantasy, an Asian sci-fi and fantasy anthology that released earlier this year. Some of the authors are Asian and others are..."

Great, thanks!