Historical Romance Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gaol/Nominations > March, 2018 Nominations - Nursing back to health

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments For March, 2018, we are reading Historical Romances featuring the Main Characters nursing their significant other, back to health - Nursing back to health trope.

Rules of Nominations :
Not more than 2 nominations per member
No book we have read as a group read in the last 2 yrs (Please check the group's bookshelf)

Here is a list to help you:

Nurse themed Romance Novels

Nominations end on 15th January, 2018

message 2: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae | 1120 comments I'll pick the first on the list,

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros Yours Until Dawn Teresa Medeiros

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara James I vote for Lisa Kleypas, Devil in Winter and Julia Quinn, Just Like Heaven.

Devil in Winter
Just Like Heaven

message 4: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Dec 28, 2017 11:48AM) (new)

message 5: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4060 comments Mod
Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha

message 6: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Joanna wrote: "Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha"

You got me...I thought the same thing and had to enlarge the cover. Hopefully the read is better than the pic...hahahaha too funny

message 7: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Joanna wrote: "Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha"

Haha! I had to enlarge the picture to see the flower. Funny cover:)

message 8: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Priya wrote: "Joanna wrote: "Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha"

Haha! I had to enlarge the picture to see the flower. Funny cover:)"

LOL, yeah I enlarged to see if I was seeing what I thought I was. Looks like it is tucked into his breaches.

message 9: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Loriidae wrote: "I'll pick the first on the list,

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros Yours Until Dawn Teresa Medeiros"

I am going to second this one. I read a couple of reviews, and I have never read this author. Seems to be one of those must reads in HRs.

message 10: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Joanna wrote: "Loriidae wrote: "I'll pick the first on the list,

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros Yours Until Dawn Teresa Medeiros"

I am going to second this one. I read a coupl..."

Ive read a couple by her and found them enjoyable. Hope you do too☺

message 11: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments I nominate Flowers from the Storm. This book has been on my tbr for a long time but the author is new to me.

message 12: by Andrea AKA Catsos Person (last edited Jan 02, 2018 05:30PM) (new)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I nominate More Than a Mistress by Mary Balogh.

The H sort of forces the h into employment as his nurse, but he’s a pain in the neck!

I read this pre-GR, but I’ll read it again.

message 14: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 2261 comments Joanna wrote: "Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha"

Yes, that is a hilarious cover!

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1962 comments Joanna wrote: "Debby, I just looked up Sinful. What is with that cover? Looks like he has a flower coming out of his bum! Hahaha"

Haha. That's hilarious!

message 16: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1962 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "I nominate More Than a Mistress by Mary Balogh.

The H sort of forces the h into employment as his nurse, but he’s a pain in the neck!

I read this pre-GR, but is read it..."

I've read this one too and really liked it. I recommend it, even it doesn't win the vote here. One of Mary Balogh's better books.

message 17: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1962 comments Oh. Looking at the list, I saw Hummingbird Hummingbird by LaVyrle Spencer

I'm happy to nominate that. I wouldn't mind a reread. Yeah it's an oldie, but a goodie. I would like to see more HR lovers discover the goodness that is LaVyrle Spencer. She's not very high profile now as she retired from writing in 1997 after Then Came Heaven Then Came Heaven by LaVyrle Spencer

But I reread a couple of hers last year, and they still stand the test of time. And Hummingbird is a beautiful romance.

message 18: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments The polls are up. Vote for March group read here.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.