Shelf Indulgence Book Club discussion

Book Club Picks!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) | 54 comments Mod
Hey Everyone!
We would love to have you all in on the choosing process for our book club so we all have something we want to read!

Tricia (TellHerAStory) (tellherastory) | 35 comments I think it'd be cool to mix in a contemporary, cause I don't read very many of those!

Would you like us to throw out titles as possible suggestions?

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Yes please!

message 4: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks | 100 comments Mod
Please do!!

Tricia (TellHerAStory) (tellherastory) | 35 comments Made You Up by Francesca Zappia might be a good one. It was the first novel from Francesca Zappia who wrote Eliza and Her Monsters.

Tricia (TellHerAStory) (tellherastory) | 35 comments Or for another contemporary... The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody . I've seen this one at work and looks quite compelling for a contemporary.

As I'm sure you can tell, I like contemporary with a darker or slightly sad twist. lol

message 7: by Tricia (TellHerAStory) (last edited Dec 28, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie Jerles | 28 comments I just got black bird of the gallows for Christmas! Uprooted would be another suggestion. I like the idea of throwing a contemporary in there too.

Tricia (TellHerAStory) (tellherastory) | 35 comments Hey all!
I was wondering if potential books had been discussed for June (or July) yet.
If not, I'd like to throw out a couple ideas. I think it'd be nice to do a stand-alone contemporary to kick off summer, since I know a lot of people prefer to read contemporary this time of year.
Some ideas that we could consider are:
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett (I LOVED Alex, Approximately from the same author)
Magnolia (Magnolia Branch, #1) by Kristi Cook
You're Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner

message 10: by Erynne (new)

Erynne | 6 comments If we're going for a contemporary I like the suggestion of When Dimple Met Rishi. I just ordered the book earlier this week and it would be nice to read it with everyone.

message 11: by Clint (new)

Clint Read-Brittian (readsreaders) | 6 comments I'm all for trying Contemporaries and such. I don't generally read them but I have been wanting to read some a lot lately. I normally only read LGBT Contemporaries if i pick one up but would be nice to try something new :)

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  - Where the Bookends (jessica_danow) I would be onboard for When Dimple Met Rishi

message 13: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

Erynne wrote: "If we're going for a contemporary I like the suggestion of When Dimple Met Rishi. I just ordered the book earlier this week and it would be nice to read it with everyone."

We are reading When Dimple Met Rishi for June! yay!

message 14: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

Jessica wrote: "I would be onboard for When Dimple Met Rishi"

We are reading When Dimple Met Rishi for June! yay!

message 15: by Hannah (last edited Aug 08, 2018 08:43PM) (new)

This is a line up for the rest of the year and we will update it with more books at a later time.

June : When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead
July: The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand
August: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro
September: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor

October: Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
November: Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead
December:

message 16: by Julie (new)

Julie Jerles | 28 comments I just realized I now have three months to reread all the TOG books in preparation for November's book pick. I better get on that! lol

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  - Where the Bookends (jessica_danow) Julie wrote: "I just realized I now have three months to reread all the TOG books in preparation for November's book pick. I better get on that! lol"

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I am going to be able to get through all of them. I failed miserably at getting caught up with the ACOTAR series. If you want to do a buddy read I'd be interested in that.

message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie Jerles | 28 comments Jessica wrote: "Julie wrote: "I just realized I now have three months to reread all the TOG books in preparation for November's book pick. I better get on that! lol"

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I am goi..."

I think I might start with the 3rd book, because I reread the first two, plus, The Assassin's Blade end of last year/beginning of this year. If you want to start a buddy read when you get to that point just let me know!

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  - Where the Bookends (jessica_danow) Sounds like a plan!

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) Will there be another book besides the bloodlines one for August? September too for that matter. I haven't even started Vampire Academy yet but I'm hoping to in August.

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth White | 6 comments They do 2 books per month the next book in the Bloodlines series and idk what the other book is

message 22: by Hannah (new)

August is A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro and September is Strange the Dreamer by Lani Taylor

message 23: by Clint (new)

Clint Read-Brittian (readsreaders) | 6 comments Hannah wrote: "August is A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro and September is Strange the Dreamer by Lani Taylor"

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to read Strange the Dreamer! I also just finished A Study In Charlotte for Booktubeathon! :)

message 24: by Erynne (new)

Erynne | 6 comments Great, maybe I'll actually get to strange the dreamer now! :)