CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > book that makes you laugh out loud, or that builds happiness

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
we like happiness at CMLE - find some books to share that with us

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Buechler | 10 comments Courage Is Contagious: And Other Reasons to Be Grateful for Michelle Obama made me smile a lot. And cry. But mostly smile. It is essays and a pretty quick read. I recommend it.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments The Pope of Palm Beach (Serge Storms #21) by Tim Dorsey

I love this whole series! I spend much of the books laughing, and this one had some good laughs. It's a little dark (Serge, the main character, kills people - but only bad people); but it's also a fun adventure around all kinds of Florida history in each book, and Serge saves people from problems and bad guys!

message 4: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Swenson | 8 comments The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
I read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last year (just book one) and I remember laughing out loud a few times and thinking how rare that was that a book could actually do that.
This is a bizarre book (and series) but the humor is just so sarcastic and witty it is truly in a league of its own.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Aileen wrote: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
I read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last year (just book one) and I remember laughing out loud a few times and thinking how rare that was that..."

I loved this series! (And laughed out loud today when I read that Elon Musk's latest rocket had "Don't Panic" on it! Nerdy jokes are the best ones.)

message 6: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 7 comments I am listening to Daughter of the Pirate King, and it made me grin like an idiot on my commute into work.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria Burnham | 9 comments Matilda

I just finished reading this book aloud to my daughter. I just love Roald Dahl's ability to make bizarre characters funny and lovable!

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Zoma wrote: "Dear Bob and Sue by Matt Smith
In preparation for a Spring Break trip to the Utah National Parks, I picked up this book. It isn't a rolling-on-the-floor funny book, but rather a light-hearte..."

I like this!! Thanks for sharing it; this sounds like something I"d like, and I've added it to my TBR pile!

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments Maria wrote: "Matilda

I just finished reading this book aloud to my daughter. I just love Roald Dahl's ability to make bizarre characters funny and lovable!"

I like this one!! I recently read the biography of Mara Wilson "Where Am I Now?" - the actress who played Matilda in the movie. It also was pretty funny!