CMLE Reading Challenge discussion

Challenge Prompts > book by an author you love

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
part of a series, or just an author you love

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Buechler | 10 comments I love Daniel José Older. He is a New York EMT turned YA author and both his twitter and the way he talks to teenagers makes me really happy. I just read Shadowhouse Fall, the second in his Shadowshaper series.

message 3: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 29 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "I love Daniel José Older. He is a New York EMT turned YA author and both his twitter and the way he talks to teenagers makes me really happy. I just read [book:Shadowhouse Fall|340..."

Awesome! I (Angie) really enjoyed the first in the Shadowshaper series, and I was so impressed when I found out he'd been an EMT! I'll have to read the next in the series!

message 4: by Annie (new)

Annie Leigh Bardugo has a lovely way of writing YA fantasy, and I was excited to get around to Siege and Storm

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (minnemom) | 14 comments Zoma wrote: "I enjoy reading books by both Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, but their combined writing of the Pendergast series is my favorite. I just finished listening to the 17th and most recent book in th..."

Thanks for the recommendation--I haven't read these authors but they look like they're something I'd enjoy.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 34 comments The Wanted (Elvis Cole, #17; Joe Pike, #6) by Robert Crais

This is another series I always enjoy; and I always pre-order the books from Audible. This one is similar to all the others: Elvis Cole and his partner Joe Pike are PIs, they rush in to solve a mystery, things get bigger and more out of control, and their unique skills and military backgrounds help to save the day! Not great literature, but I love books with characters I think I'd actually like to know - and I'd very much like to know Elvis and Pike in real life!!