Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available To Read Novels (CLOSED)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Zebrak | 20 comments Hey Zoe,

You might be interested in my fantasy manuscript. Here is the blurb:

If you're ready to set foot on the stormy decks of the Bryne as she sets sail with Sarin for the Empire of Lilirìon, then come aboard, but be warned. The crossing is not for the lighthearted. Death is lurking in the staterooms and war will be your greeting as you wreck upon the stony shores of the Empire if you manage to survive the night. But take heart because if you do make it to the end of this 110,000 word novel, you too might fall in love with the protagonist as she struggles to survive and defend her adopted people without violating her vows as a healer. Let your mind and heart be uplifted by the powerful touch of the last of the Sarinah.

Let me know if you're interested. I can be reached at michaelzebrak@gmail.com

Thanks.

Michael

message 2: by Bridie (new)

Bridie Blake | 3 comments Hi Zoe,

Would you be interested in a YA romance? I've recently completed my novel, Breathing Under Water - approx 57,000 words. Here's the blurb:

Billie Wilson is used to a life of invisibility. Pushed aside in the corridors and unnoticed by her basketball obsessed classmates, Billie is just passing time until she graduates and goes to work in the family business.

All that changes when she’s sent out on a job and finds herself rescuing star player Cooper Hawthorne from the side of the road. Billie doesn’t want to fall for the Cooper Hawthorne charm and be thrust under the spotlight, but can she fight her growing attraction to the one guy she never knew she wanted?

Cooper Hawthorne lives under a microscope, his every move watched by his dad, teammates, the town. Basketball is all he knows, the one thing he loves, and the only thing people see when they look at him.

Except Billie Wilson. She doesn’t care about his stats or what he does on the court. The girl he’d never noticed before offers him a chance to be himself and not Cooper Hawthorne, basketball star. But will she be able to survive all that comes with dating him?

If you're interested let me know and I'll email you a copy

Thanks
Bridie

message 3: by Eanna Sarah (new)

Eanna Sarah Kavana | 4 comments Zoe,
I have a historical fiction, Hidden Among the Grey and Speckled Ones, that needs to have the genre more tightly defined. I love the fact that you have a good sense of them all to provide good direction. Here is a link to the first chapter. Take a look and let me know if you are interested.

http://eskavana.blogspot.com/p/hidden...

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Cole | 12 comments Sent you a message, Zoe.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Wilczak (jwilczak_author) | 7 comments Hey there, just say your post! I have a completed 18 chapter/100k word Epic Fantasy (with a romantic thread) that I'm looking for feedback on. Let me know if you are interested! Below is a synopsis:

Awakening is the initial gateway and foundation for the planet of Aaxym. The story revolves around a young man, named Aleric, and his journey of adventure, heroism and self, from his small village to the far reaches of his world. His life is disrupted by a corrupt king, driven by a darker entity that seeks to sway the balance of power in his favor. He is quickly accompanied by Rayne, a female tigris soldier, that defies her allegiances to align her cause with his. Together, they make their way north, to the Guardian of the Light, where the reality of their world starts to unfold.

Empowered, and reinforced with others, they make their way south to put a stop to the corruption that continues to spread across the land. With each passing day, the group encounters monsters, betrayal, and a variety of creatures that inhabit the world. They learn of the Brahms and their Dragoons, tasked with protecting the order and balance of their planet. Aleric realizes he is one of them and will need to leverage their power and abilities, along with all of Aaxym's strengths to overcome the darkness within.

As time progresses, Aleric learns that the world is far larger and less forgiving than he could have imagined. Even with his new found knowledge and the power of his team, he will be challenged with protecting those closest to him while trying to understand who he actually is. But, in the end, all of his strength and will may not be enough to overcome a corrupt Guardian and the darkest parts of himself.