1×1+ RPs discussion

1×1's > Nina & Fayza

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments
description

[M]use A is a blind girl in the town. Muse B is the prince of the kingdom. Except every day, Muse B leaves the castle to explore. He doesn’t always like the attention of a royal, and so he leaves alone. One day, on a shortcut that Muse A has memorized, Muse B crossed paths and accidentally bumps into her. The two start to speak, but for some reason, since Muse A is blind, Muse B deceives her into thinking he is a common boy so that she doesn't treat him differently. It was the only way he can be himself for once and have a real friend. Muse A and Muse B meet up a couple of times, and when an accident happens that causes Muse A to lose her parents, she is taken to the castle to work as a servant, even if she is blind. Questions start to rise when she finds Muse B there, and things get even more complicated. Yet Muse B still plays along. But what happens when one day she gets her vison? How would he explain himself? Worse, what happens when he catches feelings for her when he’s not supposed to?

description

Requirements
• At least 5 or more sentences
• I play Muse A
• If theres anything you want to tell, please do. Also if you have ideas to add for drama your more then welcome.
• Please, Please, don't just ditch me. If you don't like the rp, tell me. We can figure something out or just stop. I'd rather know than have to figure it out on my own.

message 2: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Hello, sorry about the late reply. Got busy last night.
-Nina

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments It’s alright.

We could start with characters. They could be simple so we could start faster or a little more detailed? What would u like?

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments We can do either one. Detailed or simple character bios are fine. You make your character bio and then I'll post mine up as soon as your finished.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments
description  description

• Elizabeth Warren | 17 | 5’4 •

Born as a blind girl, everyone views Elizabeth as weak and vulnerable. But she doesn’t let that stop her from being independent. Growing up, she had learned many tricks to help herself and memorized many paths. She takes care of herself as best as she could, and is a bit stubborn when it comes to help. But nonetheless, Elizabeth is very kind and gets along very well. Her lack of vision may stop her from seeing a person, but know getting to know them.

• Brown eyes| Brown hair | Soft tan •

description

message 6: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments description

description

Oliver Frank | 19 | 6'1

Oliver is the crown prince of the country Helena, he has an image that most people accept as truth without even getting to know him. In all honesty, he was a kind guy, he was sweet to all the servants in the castle. He was the kind of guy that didn't like the life of a prince exactly. He liked to have his true friends and didn't like having to question whether or not they truly wanted to be his friend.

Light brown hair | Blue eyes | Fair skin

description

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Five steps forwards,Elizabeth thinks to herself as she counts every step she takes. After that, her hands reaches out in search for the small tree trunk that should be close. Her fingers brush against the rough bark, and she then felt the carving she was looking for. A small smile appeared on her lips, satisfied she was on the right path. She then pulls her hand back to hold the wooden basket again, carrying it with both hands now. Being blind made it difficult for Elizabeth to get around, that was for sure. But with her determination, she managed to learn of a path behind the village that allows her to get home without being watched. Of course with the help of her mom at first. But now that she’s been using it for many years, she’s leaned to travel this path alone with no one she help, and she uses it everyday.

The problem with being blind though was that no one believes she is capable of taking care of herself, when clearly she can. The argument from today was still on her mind. Her mother yelling at her and trying advise her that she needed to think about herself and find someone that would take care of her. I could take care of my own self! Elizabeth thought to herself. Her mom was determined to find someone for her to marry. Even though her mother wouldn’t admit it, she knew that was impossible, and that too made her angry. Who would marry a peasant like her, blind and unable to work. Elizabeth was too lost in thought that she forgot to turn when she was supposed to, and instead walking straight towards the river.

message 8: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver sighed as he walked along the path. He didn't like walking in the village because everyone would recognize him, and they would try to get him to stop and talk to him. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now. Especially not after the argument he had with his father. He sighed and then he saw his carving and grinned. He had made the carving with his younger sister, Nicole. He had carved a crown and then carved his initials; ORF and his sister's initials; NEF. He ran his hand over the carving and then sighed softly. He heard someone coming up behind him and he quickly walked around the corner. He waited in an alley and then saw a young woman walk by. He frowned and then he noticed that she was blind. And then he noticed that she was going to walk right into the river.

"Hey! Wait!" He called out and then ran over to her. He set a hand on her shoulder. "You missed a turn I think, miss. You were about to walk straight into the river." He said. "Uh... do you want me to help you get back to the turn, if you want, I mean." He didn't want this girl to think that he thought that she couldn't do anything without help, because he knew that if someone really put their mind to it than even with a disability like not being able to see they could do anything they wanted to.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth was too distracted to think about the fact that she had taken more steps then she was supposed. Her mother’s words rang in her head, loud and clear. Why can’t she understand me? Elizabeth asks herself. But before she could think of an answer, she heard a males voice call out from behind her. She then felt something on her shoulder, a hand, and froze. For a moment fear enveloped her, thinking that a man had found her alone and would take advantage of her. But then she heard him go on, and relaxed.

Elizabeth turned around, wooden basket still in her grips. Though she couldn’t see, she lifted her head as if to look at him. Realization dawned on her as she remembered that she didn’t turn. She looked down, hating that she was found like this. He probably thought it was funny. A lost girl, about to fall in the river. God, she wished she wasn’t here now. But it was a good think she didn’t fall, that would have been horrible.

Elizabeth thought for a moment. She didn’t want his help, because she didn’t want to look like she was dependent on anyone. Of course this wasn’t the first time she’s missed a turn. Normally she would figure it out after bumping into something she’s not supposed to and find her way back to the right turn. But that would take time, and she didn’t want to look like an idiot in front of him as she would search. Besides, he doesn’t seem to sound as if he thought she needed his help. He was offering it, she wanted. “That would be nice,” She smiled. “Thank you, for stoping me.” She softly laughed at the idea of how embarrassing it would have been. She would have lost the vegetables she had in the basket.

message 10: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver finally got a good look at her face. This woman was gorgeous, she had these amazing brown eyes when she looked up at him. He had seen that she was blind, but she had still looked up at him when he spoke. He placed his other hand on her elbow and led her to to the turn. "Here we are, Miss." He said with a smile. "Where you heading?" he asked her, he wondered. Perhaps she was heading home to her boyfriend's? Or to her husband? He let her go and then stood off to the side. He wondered if she had any idea who he was just by the sound of his voice alone. She didn't seem to act like other people would normally. But then he only said a few words to her, not enough for her to know who he was in the castle.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth waited for him to guide her. She felt his other hand reach for elbow as he did so, and she allowed him. She held the basket tightly as she moved forward, wondering if he would lead her to to the right place. When they came to a stop, Elizabeth moved to feel the tree next to her. This one should be covered in moss, and just as she suspected, it was. This had been the spot in which she was supposed to turn. She moved her hand back to hold the wooden basket, turning so she was facing the way the sound came from. “Thank you,” She tells him. Heee gaze move around, wondering if he was looking at her. She was sure he was, and felt a little nervous. At his question, she said, “Home. My mother is waiting for me.” She moved her head to indicate the way she was supposed to, which after this turn would be a straight path down until she reaches her house.

message 12: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver nodded. So she wasn't married at least. He was sure she had a boyfriend though, she was too beautiful not to. Even though she was blind, he thought her beauty overshadowed that. "Ah, may I walk with you? I'm heading the same way." He said. He knew that he didn't want to stay and meet her mother, at least not right this moment. Most likely, her mother was able to see, and if that was the case she would be able to see who he was. And he wanted to remain unknown, or at least what his title was anyways. "My name is Oliver, but you can call me Oli." He said with a smile in his voice. "What's your name?" He asked as he walked beside her. He had a feeling that she wouldn't need his help anymore so he left his hands by his sides. If she asked for his help he would gladly give it, but he had a notion that she could handle herself if anything happened.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth thought for a moment. Should she have him walk with her, even though she didn’t know him. Who knew what he would do to her. But he had just saved her, so why would he try anything. Besides, he did say he was walking that way, and there was nothing she could do that would stop him. So she nodded okay and turned around to walk. She was glad he didn’t touch her to lead her again. So maybe he didn’t think she needed his help, and she liked that. As they walked, Elizabeth listened to him introduce himself before speaking “Oliver, just like the prince.” She noticed. “My name is Elizabeth.” Normally she would be called lizzy by her mother, since she didn’t have friends to call her that. But she wouldn’t tell him that, because she would find it weird to call her that when her mother has been the only one. “It’s nice to meat you Oli,” she gives a small smile, not sure if he was even looking at her.

message 14: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver blanched when she mentioned the prince. "Oh... uh, yeah, right. Oliver is his name, isn't it? Like me" He said. He blinked slowly, hopefully she didn't place two and two together. Perhaps he should have told her his name was Ryan, his middle name instead of his first name. But he hadn't thought about that. "It's nice to meet you too, Elizabeth." He said with a small smile. So far she hadn't said anything more about the prince, thank the gods. He bit his lip and ran a hand through his hair. He had no clue as to what to say now. He wasn't used to talking to women who didn't practically take over the conversation and direct it however they wanted to.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth softly laughed as he seemed to remember that their prince’s name was Oliver. He must have been told that before by someone else. Who knew, maybe he was named after the prince, that was if he was born after him. She wondered how old he was. She couldn’t tell sadly because she couldn’t see him. That was one thing that she didn’t like about being blind. But she didn’t want to ask him, at least not yet.

When she found that he didn’t say anything else, she decided to ask him another question, that way they didn’t have to walk in silence. “Are you from this village?” She asked him. Sometimes there were people that wondered through their village for just a day or two, just passing by to trade or such. “Or do you live here?”

message 16: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments ((LOL are you from this village or do you just live here? Isn't that the same thing? LOL))

Oliver smiled. "I've lived here my whole life. But I sometimes travel with my father to other nearby villages or even Kingdoms." He said. He then realized he would have to come up with a trade, he thought about his friend; Liam, who worked and traveled with his father as a apprentice to a swordsman trainer. "My father is a swordsman trainer and I am his apprentice." He told her. Technically he wasn't lying to her, his father did train him to sword fight and he was his father's apprentice, just not a swordsman trainer's apprentice. Rather he was the King's apprentice, the Crown Prince. "How about you? I gather you live here, since we are heading to your house, but what do you do for work? Are you a gatherer? I see you have some vegetables in your basket there." He gestured to the basket but he then rolled his eyes at himself since she couldn't see his gestures.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments ((Wow. I feel dumb. Meant to say “out of this village” ))

“Your travel. That must be nice.” She tells him. She’s always wanted to go to new places. But that would be no use because she couldn’t see, and there wouldn’t be a point. At least that’s what her mother tells her whenever Elizabeth tells her if she could go to a near by village. Elizabeth tried to imagine him going to nearby villages to learn how to be a Swordsman trainer. “You must be close to your father then,” Elizabeth assumed. When he asked about her, Elizabeth gave him a small nod. “Yes, I live here. But no, I’m not a gatherer. My parents don’t let me work, but I do a few things. Staying home drives me crazy. I just went to buy vegetables for mama,” she tells him. Of course, buying wasn’t that complicated to her. Her mother sends a list of what they should get and gives Elizabeth the exact amount of money so she won’t get cheated.

message 18: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver nodded and then shrugged. "It can be very nice at times. And meetjng other people from different lands can be great, though they can also be somewhat shady as well, but I like to think I can tell when someone is shady." He knew what true friends and what the people who just liked him for his status were. He heard her statement about him beung close to his father and stifled a scoff. "Uh... Somewhat. We have drastically different personalities and we clash at times but," he shrugged again. "I guess you can say we are close." He sighed softly. He frowned as she told him that she didn't work. "That's strange. I mean if even if you cant see, you can still work." He ran that sentence over his head and wondered if that sounded pompous. "I mean not that you have to work if you don't want to. But..." He chuckled. "Sorry, I ramble when I'm nervous."

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Now that he said that about his father, Elizabeth wondered if the two were really close. He seemed to give her a vague description of how things are with him and his father. But she knew it wasn’t her business, so she didn’t bother asking. She had no reason to. If he didn’t want her to know, then she shouldn’t but in. Vee was glad to move on though from the subject, seeing it was going no where. She then heard him tell her about how she could work, and the way he quickly spoke and corrected himself made her laugh. Why would he be nervous? Vee wondered. If anything, she would be nervous because she was the blind one. “Don’t worry, I understand what your trying to say, and I totally agree. But no matter how much I try to convince them, my parents refuse to let me.” She explained. “But they are my parents, and they worry for if something were to happen to me.” She added in an understanding tone.

message 20: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver nodded. "I can understand that. You're parents must really love you, and they don't want to lose you. I mean you are gorgeous and if you went off to work someone might just want to marry you right there and then." He frowned again. "I... you..." he shook his head and groaned softly. "Sorry..." He rubbed his head. What was it about this girl that made him begin to act like a flailing idiot for no reason? Was it just because she was pretty? No, he knew many women that were just as gorgeous as Elizabeth, and he could talk to them just fine. Though he didn't really say much to them since he knew that they were only talking to him because of his status. Was it perhaps because she was blind? He didn't think so, he didn't care that she couldn't see. But perhaps it was that, but for an entirely different reason. This girl had no clue that he was the Crown Prince. With her he could act like a flailing idiot and she would never know that the next King of the Kingdom of Helena was acting that way. He grinned, with her he could act like the young man he was. He didn't have to put up a facade.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth didn’t except him to say what he said. Not one bit. She thought that when he started to say her parents loved her that maybe they were scared if she got hurt or kidnapped. Not worry about getting married because she was gorgeous, which still shocked her. He thinks I’m gorgeous? Elizabeth felt her cheeks warm up. He seemed to wish he hadn’t said what he said too, since he apologized. She stayed quite, making sure she faced forward. Before she knew she should say something, she heard the familiar bark of her guard dog. She was relieved that she had reached her house, because it gave her a reason to leave. “Well, this is my home. I should get going before mother comes out to see what’s taking me so long.” She came to a stop and turned a little to face him as she spoke.

message 22: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver saw the Elizabeth's cheeks get a warm look to it. And he wondered if she got many men hitting on her or even just telling her she was gorgeous like he had just done. He saw a big guard dog and stepped back a bit. He eyed the dog warily and then turned to Elizabeth. "Yes that would be good. I should get heading back to my father as well. It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Elizabeth." He said bowing, though he really didn't need to since she couldn't see his bow, but it was just a habit of his. "Perhaps we shall meet again." He said and then walked away from her to head back to the castle.

Once back at the castle he grinned as he thought of Elizabeth. His sister, Nicole ran up to meet him and she frowned. "What's the grin about? When you stormed off I seem to remember you were pissed and sad and the same time." Oliver shrugged. "It was a good walk I guess." Was all he told her. He sighed and took a deep breath. "Where's father?" he asked and she pointed to his office. He nodded and walked into the office. "Father." The King looked up and scowled at his son. "Oliver, storming out of the castle is not a good response to a disagreement." He scolded and Oliver nodded. "I know, Father." He was not going to apologize and his father seemed to know it. His father sighed and shook his head. "Fine, go away. I think we have finished our training for today." Oliver left the office knowing he had just been royally dismissed. He rolled his eyes and headed to his bedroom.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments The next day, during the same time, Elizabeth was walking down the same path as the day before. Just like always, she was carrying a basket of vegetables for her mother. It was a routine really. Her whole life was. Get up in the morning and get dressed with what her mother prepares for her. Feed the chicken at the same spot. She would then eat breakfast. After that her mother would send her to town with a certain amount of money to retrieve the same vegetables. Her father took care of buying the meat and wheat since those were too important to mess up. She would take the same path to town, knowing it by heart so she wouldn’t get lost. Say hello to everyone in town, and exchange her coins for the vegetables before heading back home to her mother to help. Without a routine, Elizabeth wouldn’t know what to do and where to go. Because new things were always hard for her since she’s blind.

Now that she was heading home, Elizabeth made sure she was paying attention to all the marks on the trees and the amount of steps she took. She didn’t want to miss any turns and almost walk into the river like last time. Thinking about that, Elizabeth thought of the younge man from yesterday, and slightly smiled. He had been very kind to her, and was the first to call her pretty. She wasn’t sure what to think about it, or to think of him. But for some reason, she hoped they really did get to meet again.

message 24: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments The next day came and it had Oliver thinking about Elizabeth, the girl he had met the day before. He wanted to visit her again but he didn't really want to go to her house and knock on door to have here mother or father see him and announce his presence and tell Elizabeth who he really was. He decided that he would try going back to the path behind the village and see if she came walking down that path once more.

In the morning, Oliver had to train with a skilled swordsman. And after that he ate his breakfast, and went with his father to proceed with the duties that they were to perform. One of the things that they had to do daily was listen to the grievances of the people in the village no matter how trival they were. There were at times that his father let him decided on the matter and he was always nervous that the people would revolt against his decision but to his relief they never did. In the afternoon, Oliver and his father went to check on their soldiers and meet some of the soldiers that had been hurt. Oliver always went and saw to the soldiers families as well. He enjoyed playing with the children and giving them something that they might not have had before.

When they got back from their duties, Oliver ran off without his father's permission. But he didn't hear his father's raised voice so he continued till he made it to the path. Again he ran his fingers over his marking and then saw Elizabeth up ahead. "Elizabeth!" He called out.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth was just about to turn around a tree to head down the path towards her house, but then she heard her name be called out by a familiar voice. She stopped in her tracks and and her head lifted up a little, trying to figure out where the voice come from. She then turned around, hearing the foot steps of Oliver from behind her. A smile appears on her face, and a weird feeling appeared in her stomach as she acknowledged that he came down her path again. She wouldn’t admit it, but she was glad he actually ended up coming again. She wondered if he had some place to be and was just crossing by and happened to see her, or if he had came to this path just to see her again. “Oli,” She said once she heard him come to stand before her. Her heard was lifted as if to look at him, even though she couldn’t see him.

message 26: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver grinned as he heard his nickname come from her mouth. "Hey, I thought you might come this way. I wanted to see you again." He frowned as he thought the sentence over once again. He sounded like stalker or something. "Not that I was waiting right here for you, I just hoped that when I was walking this path I would see you once again." He shook his head. That wasn't that much better. "Man, I really suck with words." he said as he chuckled. "Sorry, like I said I tend to ramble when I'm nervous, though I'm not exactly sure why I'm nervous." He said. He saw her basket and saw she again had vegetables. "Do you get vegetables every day?" he asked her.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth softly giggled at him. She had to admit, she found it a bit funny how he was always nervous and seemed to now know what to say. It was cute in a way. Especially when he ended up laughing too. “Don’t apologize,” She tells him. He had no reason to be sorry for something as simple as that. But with what he said, she started to think that maybe he was waiting for her to come across this path, and the thought made her happy. At his question, Elizabeth nodded. “Just enough for the day. That way they don’t spoil over not.” She explained. There was no means of keeping food fresh for a while, and it wasn’t like you could salt it the way you salt meet so it wouldn’t spoil. “That’s why I go every day to get more.”

message 28: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver smiled and nodded. "Alright. Though, to be honest, I'll probably always apologize for that. I'm... well..." he shrugged. "Anyways." He listened to her explain why she bought vegetables everyday. He cocked his head. Damn, he had never thought about it before. He had grown up in the castle where everything was served to him. He had never really given the food much thought before. "I see what you mean." He said. He really should get to know the workings behind his castle. He wondered if his father even knew. He doubted it. "So you travel this path every day?" he asked her as he realized she said she went ever day to get more. He cleared his throat and ran a hand over his neck. "So... if I came by a few days a week I could walk with you?" he asked her.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Even though she told him to not apologize, because he did that a lot, it amused her when he did. He would get nervous and start to ramble. She wondered if it was because of her? He did say she was gorgeous, but maybe she was over thinking it. She just laughed, seeing that he was still rambling. At his question, she said, “Yes. Almost at the same time, too.” She felt her stomach twist as if it had butterflies when she thought of the fact that he would came to this path just to walk with her. It made her feel special. “I hope it’s not to make sure I don’t almost fall into the river again.”

message 30: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver laughed and shook his head. "No. It's not. I find I enjoy your company, Elizabeth. And I would like to spend more time with you." He told her honestly. "I have a feeling that you don't need me to look out for you." He told her. He grinned as he allowed himself to hope that shr agreed to his stopping by and walking with her a few days out of the week. He knrw that if they did continue to see each other he would eventually need to inform her about the truth of who he was and what it was he did. But that would be another time. For now he just wanted to enjoy being with a girl who had no idea he was the Prince.

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments Elizabeth bit her lip shyly. No one has said that they enjoyed her company before. After all, who would want to be with a blind girl. She didn’t have anyone her age to hang out with, and her mom doesn’t like it when she’s out of the house if it’s not to get food from the market. But finally, she could have a friend to looked forward to seeing and talking too. Plus he understand that she was very independent, which was also a good thing. “I would love that.” She agreed, looking forward to hanging out with him more often.

message 33: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments Oliver grinned and wanted to pump his fists in the air and whoop for joy but he didn't. But then he realized that she couldn't see him so he hung back a bit and then jumped up pumping his fists into the air. Yeah! He thought to himself. He then hurried back to her. "So would I." He said with a huge grin. "So Elizabeth..." he frowned. "Would you mind if I call you Liz?" he asked her. "Does you mom and dad keep time when you leave? Or do they just let you go and not really expect you back home at a certain time?" he asked her rocking on his heels as he walked with her. He was glad that she agreed to walking with him. He knew that if he could he would try and come every day. But he also knew that his father would never allow that and would most likely put some sort of detail on him if he was sneaking away at a certain time of day each day.

message 34: by Nina (new)

Nina (lananina) | 556 comments .

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1790 comments ((Sorry. I took a break from Goodreads for a while, and then from 1x1’s. But I’m back hopefully. Would you still like to continue it?))

Elizabeth walked forward with the wooden basket resting against her left hip. She was clueless about him falling back just to jump in excitement. Once he reached back to her and spoke, she thought over his words. A shy smile grew on her lips, and she used her other hand to brush back her loose strands from her face. Liz, she thought. It was nice and simple, much simpler than what her mother calls her, which was Lizzy. “That sounds nice,” she tells him. This would be her first nickname from a friend.

At his question, her smile faded and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes. “Sadly, they keep a time of when I leave and come back.” She tells him. The annoyance was evident in her voice. She hated how her parents babied her, and as much as she tried to show them she was very independent, and shouldn’t be always tracked, they refused to listen. “They don’t believe me when I tell them I’m capable of taking care of myself,” she vents to him. She had kept all of her feelings about how they don’t treat her right to herself because she had no outlet, no friends. No one but herself to care for. “No matter how much I try,” she said in a soft tone as her eyes rested on the dirt ground they walked on.