Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 archive > Hi all!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Ramos (cassielr) | 12 comments I am completely new to this and excited at the same
Time ! I have been looking at books I want to read from each category!! I don’t want to commit to too many books because I know I will change my mind down the line !! I am always looking for suggestions from anyone who reads a book that blows them away! Lol, or very good !!

I know “A book about feminism” - I will read A Handmaids Tale ... this book is one I already have and had been sitting on my shelf for a good while now !

The next book in a series you stared- this will either be A Game of Thrones or Outlander .... these books are so great but so in depth so I have to take a break in between!!

I can’t wait to see what everyone else is reading and how much I actually purchase off of what you guys read !! I’m also looking forward to what book I will choose from a stranger I see reading in public ! Unfortunately people
Don’t read as they should so I don’t see much of it so I will be looking out for this !!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (beclovesbooks) Hi Cassandra!
A Handmaid's Tale is amazing, I hope you love it! Yes, the stranger reading in public one should be interesting... I work at a university and I really don't fancy reading a textbook for this challenge haha.
Happy reading!
Bec

message 3: by Reagan (new)

Reagan Smith | 2 comments Funny this weekend I was trying to decide between two books to start and at a cheer competition for my daughter, I glanced over at another mom reading Winter Street and it was one of the two novels I was choosing between! This helped me check off a prompt on the list (even though it would have fit in other prompts too) and it helped me make a decision!! i would have probably not noticed if it wasn't for the challenge prompts constantly in my brain.

message 4: by Kim (last edited Jul 07, 2018 01:38PM) (new)

Kim | 158 comments Reagan wrote: "Funny this weekend I was trying to decide between two books to start and at a cheer competition for my daughter, I glanced over at another mom reading Winter Street and it was one o..."

Exactly! I love the serendipity of your stranger's book! I ran into a woman (a former librarian), reading in the hospital waiting room. I immediately checked out and read her book A Deadly Thaw, (which could have also worked for a weather element), but her husband was reading The Chequer Board, by Nevil Schute, which I happened to be currently reading (I'd left my book at home). That was so surprising, because the book was written in 1947, so it's not a current best seller! My paperback is falling apart, and she showed me her husband's hardback, which was also falling apart! That book could work for my own husband's prompt for a book a stranger was reading, but also, it was written the year he was born! If that's not a 2018 Popsugar prompt, he can always use it for "Your favorite prompt from an earlier Popsugar challenge.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.