Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Tu as promis que tu vivrais pour moi
Book Issues > Could you please help me fix a few things for this book?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christelle (last edited Dec 27, 2017 12:52PM) (new) - added it

Christelle | 1124 comments Hi guys,

I'll try to be clear in this message ;-)

First of all, it is about the book with ISBN 9782749932194 (someone told me that I always should write it down for any request!).

Since this thread has been closed by a moderator, I will answer Arenda here!

Regarding the book cover: I do have the book in my possession, it looks like this, but also like this if you remove the small banner. When I was asking to change the book cover, I thought about sending you this Amazon link on which the image is not pixellated at all, normally I always do that... But since it wasn't exactly the same as the Goodreads cover (one librarian told me one day that a book can have alternate cover editions), I didn't know what was my best option. If you could update the book cover by the Amazon one, it's ok to me! :) It is how the book cover looks like when it is bought!

Could you also please add the format of this book? It's a paperback.

And, last but not least, this book is not 216 pages, but 363 pages (counting the acknowledgments part but not all the final blank pages).

Thank you in advance for your help! I tried my best to be succinct :)

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20808 comments Your message is clear.

Format was already set as paperback.
I've corrected the page count (also confirmed by Worldcat).

Thanks for providing the photos of your book. It confirmed what I suspected that the pink book band is not part of the actual cover.
The difference between the cover on GR, and the cover on Amazon and the publisher's page, is the name of the author. Yellow on GR, white on both other sites.

I've created an alternate cover edition with the author name in white, and used the cover from the publisher, as I prefer to have the one without the book band: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Christelle (last edited Dec 28, 2017 03:43PM) (new) - added it

Christelle | 1124 comments Arenda wrote: "Your message is clear.

Format was already set as paperback.
I've corrected the page count (also confirmed by Worldcat).

Thanks for providing the photos of your book. It confirmed what I suspected..."

Cool! Nice catch on the colour of the author's name!

I prefer this cover too, without the banner ;-) but I didn't know if you were able to use the publisher's cover (copyrights...). Thank you for the page count and I switched to the new edition of the book!

Thank you (again) for taking the time to answer my request, it was nice of you!