Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Merging author profiles

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.T.K. (new)

J.T.K. Belle (jtkbelle) | 5 comments I need to merge two different author profiles. I for JTK Belle and one for J.T.K. Belle. Is there an easy way to do this? thanks

message 2: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 3215 comments You can put a request in this topic:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments I moved all the books I could find, posting links to the (4 different) other profiles would've been really helpful

You added one of the Fredda books on the wrong profile yourself, as well as the quote. (merged the duplicate created by yourself into the other editions)
Others were imported by Amazon bot so you probably have your name listed as JTK or J.T.K there.
All periods are important otherwise it's considered a new profile.

As the bike book has Katie and Dad listed on the cover I had to enter them as secondary and third author name

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments and there was no merge needed as no profile had followers on it. (only then staff needs to do the merge as librarians can't do that on GR author profiles)
So it was simple moving of books and quotes. (the search for the profile took the most time..)

oh and librarian notes aren't for communication with librarians, as we do only see them if we are already editing something in a profile (as we can't edit much an GR author profiles that means we see that only if we are on the combine page already - so in worst case you can wait pretty long until someone stumbles across that. Seeing that fast would be just luck :) )
The forum is the correct place if you want get things done fast :)