Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 2: Mount Blanc (24 books) > Nadia's second trip up Mount Blanc

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nadia (last edited Dec 27, 2017 11:50AM) (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Nadia and this is my third time joining Mount TBR. I successfully climbed back in 2014 (Pike's Peak) and 2015 (Mount Blanc), and I'm hoping 2018 will be a good climbing year as well. Let's do this. Here's to an awesome reading year!

P.S: If anyone is interested I'd like to do buddy reads for the following books: Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen), The Queen Of The Night (Alexander Chee) and/or The Handmaid's Tale (Margaret Atwood).

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) An awesome reading year indeed! Have fun on the journey!

message 3: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments Hilary S wrote: "An awesome reading year indeed! Have fun on the journey!"
Thank you! You too :)

message 4: by Nadia (last edited Jan 09, 2018 02:45PM) (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments 1. "the words i want you to keep by Gaby Compres (bought in October 2017.)

Really enjoyed reading this poetry collection, it was beautiful and so hopeful. I did however felt at some times that the imagery used was repetitive and that it might have been a tad bit too cheesy (i love cheesy and i don't think it's a bad thing at all, but i couldn't shake this for some reason, might be my 'dark and twisty'-ness talking here.)

3/5 stars.

message 5: by Nadia (last edited Feb 04, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments 2. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (bought in December 2013.)

This story was wonderful! It was funny and thoughtful, I had a really good time reading it. “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” it’s social satire, but also a heartfelt story about: family, being/feeling like an outsider, and finding your place.

4/5 stars.

message 6: by Nadia (last edited May 29, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Nadia (heartlesstree) | 10 comments 3. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy (bought in September 2015.)

Exactly the kind of cute and fun story I needed to get me to enjoy reading again. I feel like this book is gonna make a great movie.