Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free beta reader for pretty much anything

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments Hey
I love reading and trying new genres so would be available to read pretty much anything. I’d just like to help someone along with their book and be entertained so please comment below if interested or you can email me at katehelen.crawford@virginmedia.com

message 2: by Bridie (new)

Bridie Blake | 3 comments Hi Kate,

Would you be interested in a YA romance? I've recently completed my novel, Breathing Under Water - approx 57,000 words. Here's the blurb:

Billie Wilson is used to a life of invisibility. Pushed aside in the corridors and unnoticed by her basketball obsessed classmates, Billie is just passing time until she graduates and goes to work in the family business.

All that changes when she’s sent out on a job and finds herself rescuing star player Cooper Hawthorne from the side of the road. Billie doesn’t want to fall for the Cooper Hawthorne charm and be thrust under the spotlight, but can she fight her growing attraction to the one guy she never knew she wanted?

Cooper Hawthorne lives under a microscope, his every move watched by his dad, teammates, the town. Basketball is all he knows, the one thing he loves, and the only thing people see when they look at him.

Except Billie Wilson. She doesn’t care about his stats or what he does on the court. The girl he’d never noticed before offers him a chance to be himself and not Cooper Hawthorne, basketball star. But will she be able to survive all that comes with dating him?

If you're interested let me know and I'll email you a copy

Thanks
Bridie

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason Wilczak (jwilczak_author) | 7 comments Hey there, just say your post! I have a completed 18 chapter/100k word Epic Fantasy (with a romantic thread) that I'm looking for feedback on. Let me know if you are interested! Below is a synopsis:

Awakening is the initial gateway and foundation for the planet of Aaxym. The story revolves around a young man, named Aleric, and his journey of adventure, heroism and self, from his small village to the far reaches of his world. His life is disrupted by a corrupt king, driven by a darker entity that seeks to sway the balance of power in his favor. He is quickly accompanied by Rayne, a female tigris soldier, that defies her allegiances to align her cause with his. Together, they make their way north, to the Guardian of the Light, where the reality of their world starts to unfold.

Empowered, and reinforced with others, they make their way south to put a stop to the corruption that continues to spread across the land. With each passing day, the group encounters monsters, betrayal, and a variety of creatures that inhabit the world. They learn of the Brahms and their Dragoons, tasked with protecting the order and balance of their planet. Aleric realizes he is one of them and will need to leverage their power and abilities, along with all of Aaxym's strengths to overcome the darkness within.

As time progresses, Aleric learns that the world is far larger and less forgiving than he could have imagined. Even with his new found knowledge and the power of his team, he will be challenged with protecting those closest to him while trying to understand who he actually is. But, in the end, all of his strength and will may not be enough to overcome a corrupt Guardian and the darkest parts of himself.

message 4: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Hall | 35 comments Hello there! Would you be interested in beta reading my SF/F book? It's 136k+. The book is titled Our Fate: The Warmaster’s Key. It’s Book One in a series currently under development. Here’s the gist of the book:

Cecelia, a mortal human of the Battle Fleet, fights for the safety and security of The 3rd Order. Countless dead litter the battlefield on both sides. Knee-deep in the rain, mud, and the blood, Cecelia encounters Warmaster Aldar, a god-like being who leads all armed forces of The Scorched Hand. Killing him can save her people and end a war that has ravaged the galactic slate for thousands of years.

Their epic battle is not only one of physical strength, but mental prowess. His attempts in probing her mind for her secrets are met only with disaster, shocking the immortal Warmaster. How can a mere mortal resist the power of a god? Cecelia proves herself to be a challenge unlike any the Warmaster has ever faced before.

During the struggle, Cecelia steals Aldar’s Override Signature Key, a valuable piece of technology with the power to alter the destiny of her crumbling empire and save her people from eternal destruction.

Unknown to Cecelia, however, she’s not the only one who has plans for The Warmaster’s Key.

A ruthless extremist, Kroeger, has his eyes set on revolution. He’s awaited an opportunity to bring down the tyrannical rule of The 3rd Order that has subjugated his race of paranormals for generations. He won’t allow anyone to stop him until his goal is achieved: Freedom for paranormals—whatever the cost.

A chance encounter or fate at work? Either way, Cecelia’s life changed forever the day she met Aldar. The attempts the Warmaster made to enter her mind unlocked a long-forgotten presence from the depths of Cecelia’s mind, who appears to her as a twelve-year-old version of herself and claims she is the manifestation of her subconsciousness. With enemies all around them, the pair must set aside their differences and work together if they’re to survive.

In war, the lines of allegiance often become obscured. The bonds of friends and family are tested. Sometimes, you can count on those closest to you to watch your back. Sometimes, you can’t. But, if you can’t trust yourself, who can you trust?

She will decide Our Fate.

Thanks for your time. You can reach me either on here or at hallasinhallway@yahoo.ca

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 28 comments I am looking for a beta reader to read my short story, it is only 3979 words. I would need it read within a day or so as it needs to be fully completed and submitted by the 15th.
It is about a twenty something girl who lost her sister to suicide only she doesn't believe that, she thinks her sister was murdered and she is out to prove it.
Just looking for the flow of the story and if anything you think needs work.
If this sounds like something that would interest you than send me a message :)
Thanks.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane M | 16 comments Hi Kate,
Thank you for posting your offer. To start with some basic information, I am a teenaged writer and the second draft of my novel is my most current. This book is YA realistic fiction written in first person with an alternating POV between three main characters. The novel is titled "?" and it is 88330 words. Here is the brief synopsis:
The Evans family is just trying to recover-- recover from a father who left them, recover from an addiction that almost took everything from them, and recover from living below the poverty line. All that progress is shaken when the oldest brother, Alec, runs away to New York City, in an attempt to escape the OCD that has suffocated him his whole life. But when his oldest sister, Sabrina, wakes up to a nightmare while his younger sister, Janelle, is living in one, the strength of their family and themselves is tested.
Thanks again for your offer! Please let me know if you would be interested, and have a great day!
Sincerely,
Jane McNulty
janemcnulty2@aol.com

message 7: by Abby (new)

Abby Vandiver | 9 comments Samantha wrote: "I am looking for a beta reader to read my short story, it is only 3979 words. I would need it read within a day or so as it needs to be fully completed and submitted by the 15th.
It is about a twe..."

Samantha, I would be happy to read your book. You can email it to me at abbylvandiver@aol.com. I can have it read in a couple of days. Let me know.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Lauren | 25 comments Hi Kate!

I'm looking for a beta willing to read a 101k YA novel set in modern-day urban London. The story has limited dystopian/fantasy elements with sciencey and bookish themes throughout. The cast is lead by clever, independent female leads. The characters are on the older side for YA - 17 to late 20s - dealing with regular issues like jobs and relationships while in the background bigger, stranger things are in the works.

The book may be on the long side for YA fiction so I'd like help condensing it. I'd also like someone to read for consistency. Characterization is a big one for me, so helping to make sure my characters remain 'real' and interesting from beginning to end would be fantastic. If you're keen on checking it out, please feel free to contact me at emily3242@gmail.com

Thanks!
Emily

message 9: by Laynie (new)

Laynie (layniewrites) | 13 comments Hey Kate,

I have a 60k YA/NA Romance that is ready for beta readers if you are interested. If it sounds like a good fit you can message me here or at LaynieWrites@gmail.com. I've got the word, PDF, and MOBI formats available to send over.

Adeline Evans is your typical, bored, high school senior obsessed with a celebrity she knows she will never meet. When her best friend drags her to a music festival her world gets turned upside down as Jude Blair, himself, is drawn to her. But is Addie ready to deal with the complications and drama that comes with dating someone so famous? From paparazzi to a scheming ex-girlfriend, it seems everyone is out to come in between Addie and the man she has wished to be with for so long. Things come to a climatic head thousands of miles away from her comfort zone when she makes a choice to visit him at home in England and finds herself struggling with anxiety and insecurities that threaten to ruin her perfect love story. A diverse cast of characters supports Addie through her journey to becoming a woman, whatever shape that may take.

Christine Alexandria (ChristineAlexandria) | 25 comments Hi Kate,

Are you still accepting Beta requests?

I recently finished writing my 85K "Rise of the Phoenix" manuscript. I am looking for beta readers to give me honest feedback on it. I would appreciate any positive or negative thoughts, comments and suggestions.

My book is a mix of YA and fantasy. The book follows Dawn, a magus who has been on the run for the last eight years as she is forced to return home early and face the world she left behind. Dawn is different from the rest of the Magi because the strength of her magic is not confined to the day or night. She is the answer to an ancient prophecy that speaks of a time when evil will try to once again destroy all of humanity and only a decedent of the Lost One can stop it. With the help of her best friend from childhood and a team of Grigori guardians Dawn must try find answers in a world she barely knows anymore while learning how to use the powers she denied for years.

If my book sounds like something you would be interested in please let me know and what you think the time line would be for you to complete it. You can email me at anglegrl39@gmail.com or you can message me on here.

Sincerely,
Christine

message 11: by Martin (new)

Martin Felando Kate,

I have a 54K YA scifi fantasy that needs beta reading. It's a major rewrite after first edition won IPPY's National Book Award. First 5 pages are on Amazon here: http://a.co/aUBKU7Y

If interested email martinfelando@gmail.com

My best,
Martin

message 12: by Fandoms_Unite394 (new)

Fandoms_Unite394 | 3 comments Hello Kate,
Would you be interested in reading flash fiction? If so, my story is about 500 words, and I would love to get your feedback.
Thank you for the consideration!
Sincerely,
Danielle

message 13: by Craig (new)

Craig Hastings (craig_hastings) | 4 comments Kate wrote: "Hey
I love reading and trying new genres so would be available to read pretty much anything. I’d just like to help someone along with their book and be entertained so please comment below if inter..."

If you are available I have a Family Epic / Romance novel I would like some feedback on. It's app. 145,000 words and I can provide it in most formats. Just let me know if you have questions or feel like taking this on. Book Title: Moose Ridge Ranch: Ending to Begining.

Thank you!

Craig

message 14: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Fernández (marlin16) | 8 comments Hello. I would love to hear you opinion on my contemporary new adult romance novel. It's about 58,000 words. My novel is already out but I'd still love opinions.

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Nunno | 17 comments Hello Kate,
I just finished a 80K contemporary adult fictional novel called The Terrorist and was wondering if you would be willing to beta read it. Here is a quick synopsis:

James Longo woke up to knocking at his door at 3 in the morning, only to check his phone to see that the FBI was publicly declaring him a terrorist, and that the person at the door was Eleanor, his attractive neighbor that he had a crush on. Unfortunately, her shirt was also covered in blood.
Next thing he knew, James was kidnapped by Eleanor, and finds out that Eleanor was a CIA agent. The CIA had been watching him for months because his old AOL messenger profile had been communicating with the terrorist group BICES. The FBI wants him to meet with BICES officials, and hopefully help take them down. The whole mission sounds haphazard to James, but he begrudgingly agrees.
Predictably, the operation fails, and exposes a much larger conspiracy between high ranking government officials, and BICES. To rescue James, it falls to the relentless Eleanor to lead a squad that consists of two bickering scientists in Team JJ, and the silent mysterious duo of Dimitri and Ivor.

If you would be interested in beta reading you can email me at anunnobooks@aol.com, and I would be happy to share it with you.

Sincerely,
Andrew Nunno

message 16: by Trevor (last edited May 09, 2018 05:59AM) (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T