Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Add cover

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 34 comments The Good Student

cover (source: author's site)

Q: what counts as the original publication date of a web series?

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3032 comments Web serials in progress should not be added to the Goodreads database: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Has it not been published in any other form?

message 3: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 34 comments No, but most other serials by the author have been self-published and are available on amazon, so this one will probably be too. Is it possible to save this serial as a book that is just not yet published?
Anyway, this is a strange rule.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3032 comments I can't delete it, unless staff or super-librarian decides to, it's safe.

idiffer wrote: "Anyway, this is a strange rule." I don't make them. Perhaps more proper places to argue it would be the "Policies & Practices" folder or the Feedback group

message 5: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 34 comments Thanks, I will probably visit that thread/section.
So... what about the cover then?

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 3032 comments Since it's not a book according to the GR definitions, I don't feel like adding it. Another librarian might think differently though. The author can also add it.

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13673 comments The Policies & Practices folder is here in the Librarians Group: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Since it is a cataloguing issue, I think this is a better place than the Feedback Group :)

message 8: by Ayshe (last edited Dec 30, 2017 10:51AM) (new)

Ayshe | 3032 comments But policy seems to be clear that they are not allowed and I guess mostly librarians will reply in this group in the same spirit, in the Feedback group he may find more supporters :)

message 9: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13673 comments Ayshe wrote: "But policy seems to be clear that they are not allowed and I guess mostly librarians will reply in this group in the same spirit, in the Feedback group he may find more supporters :)"

Fair point :)

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42057 comments Mod
Deletion pending.

message 11: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 34 comments dammit. i stepped into that one, huh.