Horror Aficionados discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 135 comments I caught an ad for this and decided to check it out. I have only caught the first episode thus far, but already I am blown away. I hope they maintain the momentum. That they could pack so much madness in one episode is incredible.

Is anyone else watching this series? It is apparently based on some comic book series or graphic 'novel'.

I plan to watch a couple more episodes to see where it goes but give it a look see and share your views.

message 2: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1601 comments I enjoyed the first episode, but I'm getting a bit bored with it now. It's too much of a one-note story line.

message 3: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Randy wrote: "I enjoyed the first episode, but I'm getting a bit bored with it now. It's too much of a one-note story line."

Oh that's disappointing to hear. I am going to wait until there are more episodes released and watch them. Hopefully it picks up.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments I went into the show thinking I might not like it, I was trying it mostly for Christopher Meloni, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I do agree with Randy, I thought last weeks episode was a bit boring. I have not watch this weeks yet, though.

message 5: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 149 comments The comicbook series is only about 4 or 5 issues if I remember correctly, so it's pretty short. They probably have to pad it out a bit to stretch it over the course of a television series. I recommend it tough. It's pretty good. Now I have another show to add to my watchlist.

message 6: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Joshua wrote: "The comicbook series is only about 4 or 5 issues if I remember correctly, so it's pretty short. They probably have to pad it out a bit to stretch it over the course of a television series. I recomm..."

Why so short a series? Was it planned that way?

message 7: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 149 comments John wrote: "Joshua wrote: "The comicbook series is only about 4 or 5 issues if I remember correctly, so it's pretty short. They probably have to pad it out a bit to stretch it over the course of a television s..."

Yes it was planned that way. It's just a mini series and the entire story from start to finish is told within those few issues. It's pretty fast paced so I was wondering how they would be able to stretch it out for a tv show.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments I've been watching it and yeah it's pretty nuts. I don't know How anyone can find it boring with all the crazy insane things that go on lol. I'm liking it.

message 9: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Joshua wrote: "John wrote: "Joshua wrote: "The comicbook series is only about 4 or 5 issues if I remember correctly, so it's pretty short. They probably have to pad it out a bit to stretch it over the course of a..."

Oh cool. Likley they will enact the old artistic liberties clause and rewrite the ending or something.

Thanks for the info!

message 10: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Justin wrote: "I've been watching it and yeah it's pretty nuts. I don't know How anyone can find it boring with all the crazy insane things that go on lol. I'm liking it."

Good to hear. I think it is best that I had no notion of the story etc before hand. It will allow me to enjoy it in its present state.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments Justin wrote: "I've been watching it and yeah it's pretty nuts. I don't know How anyone can find it boring with all the crazy insane things that go on lol. I'm liking it."

The latest episode was pretty good. I didn't care either way for the character Happy!, when the show first started, but now he has grown on me.